Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aussie Users who want the Priv
Thanks James, 2TB would be awesome, expensive but awesome. And the speed at which technology progresses these days I don't think it will be too far away
Don't think I would pay a grand for a 2tb card.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
(20-10-2015, 07:09 AM)DickLewis13 Wrote: Don't think I would pay a grand for a 2tb card.

Why not? Apple charge twice the price for less than 1 TB on it's computers.  Big_smile2
Playbook>Bold 9900>Z10>Z30>Passport.
[-] The following 2 users Like bambinoitaliano's post:
  • Brad, james pisano
(20-10-2015, 06:38 AM)Wayno Wrote: Thanks James, 2TB would be awesome, expensive but awesome. And the speed at which technology progresses these days I don't think it will be too far away

I've heard people say big SD cards (bigger than 64GB) are a double edged sword. Like having two smaller ones is better than one bigger one. Due to the risk of "having all your eggs in one basket" or all your pictures, movies, etc in one place, and due to the amount of time it takes to format the card, how quickly data retrieval happens, etc.

I don't know all the details, but I left that conversation somewhat skeptical about bigger SD cards.
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
Don't care what the fruit does, no way would I lay out that much money for a microSD card.

(20-10-2015, 08:38 AM)bambinoitaliano Wrote: Why not? Apple charge twice the price for less than 1 TB on it's computers.  Big_smile2
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
They have made them. I think they were at that last tech show. And the cost was over a grand.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brad's post:
  • james pisano
I wonder whether the 2TB thing is referring to a portable HD?
#BBisAwesomeGate
9800>9900>Q10>Passport>Priv all alongside my trusty PlayBook
I've seen 512GB and 1Tera listed, iirc... ouch, so much in a thumbnail sized chip...

Remember the IBM MicroDrive with one Gigabyte, we thought that was huge compared to our 64MB CF cards.... :-)
•   Ahoy, Privateers...! :-)   •
(20-10-2015, 08:46 AM)james pisano Wrote: I've heard people say big SD cards (bigger than 64GB) are a double edged sword. Like having two smaller ones is better than one bigger one. Due to the risk of "having all your eggs in one basket" or all your pictures, movies, etc in one place, and due to the amount of time it takes to format the card, how quickly data retrieval happens, etc.

I don't know all the details, but I left that conversation somewhat skeptical about bigger SD cards.

I have three 64GB and recently bought a 128GB. Stil need to move the files over to it and compare some folders after the data rescue from the former corrupted card. SanDisk replaced no issues, even let me break the card in half before sending back...

:-)
•   Ahoy, Privateers...! :-)   •
[-] The following 1 user Likes Prem WatsApp's post:
  • Brad
Would you guys really use 1T or even 2T of data on your smartphone seriously ? I am feeling left behind, 128 gigs is even too much for me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes La Bete's post:
  • james pisano