Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back on the Mini Workhorse
(06-05-2016, 02:46 AM)james pisano Wrote: Ouch! Sorry to hear that. Hope you're ok!

I just saw you're on a Passport in another thread. That's a great device, but that doesn't mean it"s the best one for you. I would like to have one, but I don't see it being my daily driver due primarily to the size. I'm like you, I love the size of the Q10. I also love the replaceable battery and having two BlackBerry Battery Packs and a fully charged battery always at the ready.

EXACTLY!!!!! I don't deny that it's a good device, it's just not that great for me. I could put my Q10 in my pocket and there's no way I can put the Passport in my pocket.
And the Passport is very masculine looking.
And I LOVED having extra batteries.
If you loved the Q10, you would idolize the Classic.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
(06-05-2016, 03:18 AM)DickLewis13 Wrote: If you loved the Q10, you would idolize the Classic.

I know. I told my husband that's the one I wanted but he said the Passport was the best BlackBerry ever so he upgraded both of us.
It's a good devicce. I just haven't loved it.
With all technology, there's a temptation and tendency to assign intrinsic value to it and to invest in it merely for it's own sake. This even happens with corporations in their IT departments.

Any tech should only (wisely) be evaluated based on how it enhances you (and/or your organization). It's always about who you are and what your needs are and finding the right match. Specs are irrelevant unless they benefit your unique situation.
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
[-] The following 3 users Like james pisano's post:
  • Fayzul, mscloutier, Schmurf.
Still pick up my wife's Q10 and think 'toy'!
#BBisAwesomeGate
9800>9900>Q10>Passport>Priv all alongside my trusty PlayBook
Picked up my of Z10 and thought, small. Picked up my old 9810 and thought really tiny screen. Picked up my Passport and thought, Wow!! What a difference a few years make in perception. But James is absolutely right in his perception of needs and smartphone.
Thanks newcollector!
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook