Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back on the Mini Workhorse
(21-04-2016, 08:11 AM)BB4tw Wrote: I thought of the wipe but that seemed a little drastic.

Guess that's the way it is though.

It is, though it's part of keeping your BlackBerry safe and secure.
Martin
BlackBerry 10 

Hey. Thought I'd mention, a buddy got a Ukarbon skin for his Passport and it looks awesome. They have it in carbon fiber weave and I'm going to get if for my Classic. Maybe a nice substitute for the glass weave batter cover.
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
[-] The following 1 user Likes james pisano's post:
  • newcollector
(21-04-2016, 08:03 AM)Fayzul Wrote: I think you first need to turn off BlackBerry Protect and Wipe the phone before you can change the BBID.

Apparently, it's the ONLY way BB4TW ..
(21-04-2016, 04:17 AM)james pisano Wrote: That's a pretty cool idea. I guess we'll never see it since BlackBerry has moved away from replaceable batteries.

It is still possible James.. Remember Z30 has a non removable battery but the back cover comes off.

Similar strategy or concept. :-)
[-] The following 1 user Likes HYMAN's post:
  • james pisano
Good point Hyman!
[-] The following 1 user Likes james pisano's post:
  • HYMAN
(21-04-2016, 03:05 PM)james pisano Wrote: Good point Hyman!

Thanks James! :-)
Batteries can be changed, it is not always a good idea for the faint of heart.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
(21-04-2016, 08:42 PM)DickLewis13 Wrote: Batteries can be changed, it is not always a good idea for the faint of heart.

That's a good point DL. There must be a way to change out the Z30 battery. It's just not a convenient thing to do regularly. I love the wireless charging on the Z30 and Classic, it's a big help in keeping your battery charged up.
(21-04-2016, 10:28 PM)james pisano Wrote: That's a good point DL. There must be a way to change out the Z30 battery. It's just not a convenient thing to do regularly. I love the wireless charging on the Z30 and Classic, it's a big help in keeping your battery charged up.

I wish Blackberry makes all its devices have a wireless charging capability by default. They have the tech and the patent. It's just execution that they need to do.. (sigh...)
Got my Q10 wiped and updated. I played with it a little this morning before work. Some quick things that I noticed right off the bat compared to my Classic.

1. The keys are softer to press on the Q10. Classic has a stiffer feel.

2. When browsing full wibsites, I instantly missed the trackpad.

3. The difference in screen resolution and tech is easy to see but I really can't pick one over the other.

4. I still like the size of the Q10 for quick messaging, and pocketability. I always say the Classic is perfect sized overall for my usage patterns but in those specific areas, the Q is more perfect.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BB4tw's post:
  • james pisano