Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back on the Mini Workhorse
Hey... awesome. Do you want to elaborate on your switching and swapping (phones, yeah, not wifes!) practices a little more?

I'm always worried about missing contacts... :-)

Have Q10, Z10, PP, Q5 (only for ministry and church work), ... lost my Torch 9810 somewhere. Wife has a Leap, dad a Z30 (avoid daughter-in-law issues!).

I got a second number for testing advertising. Running on Q10. Prepaid is cheap, isn't it!

:-)
•   Ahoy, Privateers...! :-)   •
Well, keeping track of contacts is definitely a focus. However, I don't change them very often so it's not quite a big deal. If I wanted to backup/restore from Link each time, there would be no concerns, but that takes too long. So I use "Ultimate Backup" to get my calendar and then backup notes and tasks via "Viira," the organization tool I've chosen. I backup "Money Plus" each time via it's own feature, and "Password Keeper" the same way. I suspect there are a few differences amongst my devices in terms of contacts, but not many at all. I try and make the same changes on more than one device when I do so.

I use a Classic. Q10 and Z30 primarily, and on occasion a Z10. The longest part of the syncing process is syncing BBM groups, so I let my device do that overnight on the night stand. Wake up and do a hard reset and I'm good to go. The whole process takes about 30 minutes. I really love all my devices for different reasons and will be using one and see the other on the shelf and want to use that one instead. I hold off for a while but eventually relent and sync my data over to it. I do all my backup/restore via my SD card.
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
wow James, I still cant figure out how and why you change devices so often. you make it sound its so easy but I still think its a pain
It is a pain to change phones often, James just trying to make us think it's easy.  Tounge
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
(21-10-2015, 03:26 PM)veeru789 Wrote: wow James, I still cant figure out how and why you change devices so often. you make it sound its so easy but I still think its a pain

He has issues Veeru.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brad's post:
  • DickLewis13
If James had his way, he would be using all BlackBerry phones at once. :)
[-] The following 1 user Likes DickLewis13's post:
  • james pisano
Bwahahahahaha!

Hmm. Wait a minute....
[-] The following 1 user Likes james pisano's post:
  • DickLewis13
Gotcha, James. :)
[-] The following 1 user Likes DickLewis13's post:
  • james pisano
(22-10-2015, 04:23 AM)Brad Wrote: He has issues Veeru.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

issues? what kind of issues? ;)
How would Brad know? He's the one with the toe shoes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes james pisano's post:
  • Brad