Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Use Passport Keyboard to Zoom
Woah, I didn't know this was added. I've been asking for pinch-to-zoom on the keyboard since I got my Passport. I've tried it in the past, but it didn't work. So I use the 'i' and 'o' keys to zoom in and out. BTW, this only seems to work if you slide your thumb left and right.
yes Bartron. But up and down is not convenient as the area is too small for the gesture.
Agreed.
Wow Bartron! I knew about the zoom in/ zoom out but I had no clue about the I/O button function....now I can do both pending on how fickle I'm feeling. Just amazing on how I still learn things about my Passport.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fishlove73's post:
  • veeru789
One can learn something new everyday, especially if you use a BlackBerry. Sure helps to keep the day from becoming boring.
[-] The following 2 users Like newcollector's post:
  • bartron, veeru789
I just found out you could take 1 x 1 pics on a 16 x 9 device and vice versa. Jeesh! *facepalm* :)
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
[-] The following 1 user Likes james pisano's post:
  • fishlove73
I believe 1:1 is the default on the Passport, and probably the Classic, because of the 1:1 screen.

BTW, to get the most pixels, use 4:3. The sensors are 4:3. So if you take a 1:1 or 16:9 photo, the camera will still take a 4:3 shot, but the software will crop it to 1:1 or 16:9.
[-] The following 3 users Like bartron's post:
  • fishlove73, mscloutier, veeru789
NC, thanks for that bit of info! I didn't know or if I did, it was long forgotten. Such a cool feature!
You can also zoom in by pressing the i on your keyboard and the o for zooming out. Works great when using the picture app as well.
Martin
BlackBerry 10 

[-] The following 2 users Like mscloutier's post:
  • fishlove73, Schmurf.
Bartron, thanks for the info on the pixels! I'll have to change my Passport to get more pixels and picture!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Schmurf.'s post:
  • bartron