Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sound recording sharing issue
If it didn't support mp4 it wouldn't play at all.
I just created a short vid on my Passport @ 720p and sent it to my iPod via BBM. The result was fine. I also sent it via email and it played great.
I'd still love a test sample from you to try. Not sure what to say. Have you witnessed the bad audio yourself?
Logic dictates, but reason rules... DM

Farts are just the ghosts of the things we eat...
No. If you PM me I will email you a video. You can try it on your iPod. They are listening to it on their iPhone's. I sent it to them using text/mms. Maybe that is the issue.
(07-10-2015, 10:30 PM)newcollector Wrote: No. If you PM me I will email you a video. You can try it on your iPod. They are listening to it on their iPhone's. I sent it to them using text/mms. Maybe that is the issue.

PM sent but my browser acted up. Let me know if I need to resend.

Thanks for the help. Well, we know your iPad played the video. I will be seeing the kids at Thanksgiving time. I will check then. Could be they are pulling my leg, but I don't think so.
(07-10-2015, 10:30 PM)newcollector Wrote: No. If you PM me I will email you a video. You can try it on your iPod. They are listening to it on their iPhone's. I sent it to them using text/mms. Maybe that is the issue.

I'll bet that's it. iOS probably compressed it heavily in order to send it over SMS/MMS. Have you tried sending the original video via e-mail ?
(08-10-2015, 07:50 AM)bartron Wrote: I'll bet that's it. iOS probably compressed it heavily in order to send it over SMS/MMS. Have you tried sending the original video via e-mail ?
Yup, that's exactly it. I sent a video via text once to a family member that runs android and one that runs ios, and the video was compressed so much it looked blurry and sounded worse. Shared it to them via Box, and voila, problem solved!

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes MissoulaMarinerFan's post:
  • bartron
Well now we know the cause and we know the cure. Thanks for the help! From now on I will just save the videos to Box and then send the link via text.
[-] The following 1 user Likes newcollector's post:
  • bartron
(08-10-2015, 11:50 PM)newcollector Wrote: Well now we know the cause and we know the cure. Thanks for the help! From now on I will just save the videos to Box and then send the link via text.

Awesome! Big_smile2