Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BB Priv campaign..

“BlackBerry’s rumored Android-powered slider will reportedly be known as the Priv. Likely shortened from “privacy,” the title was leaked Wednesday.” – PCMag.com

“The BlackBerry Venice is to have a high focus on Privacy, making the new Priv name very sensible.” – androidauthority.com

“For the Canadian company, this name is a nod to their privacy and security features that are being brought over to Android.” – N4bb.com

“BlackBerry's upcoming Android phone…will be released as the BlackBerry Priv, presumably due to its privacy features.” – Engadget.com

‘The name (Priv)…certainly falls in line with BlackBerry's security and privacy history.” – Crackberry.com

Yesterday we awoke to the news that the name of our newest smartphone was leaked to the public prior to its official launch later this year. At a time when your personal privacy is increasingly compromised, we wanted you to know that you are not alone.

We found this breach of privacy extraordinary, and at the same time the best demonstration as to why BlackBerry's products, technology and brand are essential to the world.

In recognition of our long history of valuing our customers' privacy we’ve named our next generation phone Priv, a name that has tremendous value for everyone worldwide.

We are so thankful to the BlackBerry Community for all their support.

BlackBerry Powered by Android

Secure and Connected.

http://us.blackberry.com/campaigns/priv-wsj.html?ClickID=dxrcwhz0rznhwocsyc2rt2tcs0sb0zorsxmsbx

UTB... the place to be ... for your BlackBerry

Being repetitive, bloody stupid name.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
What's in the name. It's just an initial stigma. Although I agree they could have done better.
I'm not high on the name. However, I think it's just odd enough to catch on. Still, I would not have voted for it. We'll see.
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
A rose called by any other name is still a rose. The Slider called even by the name Priv, is still a slider.
[-] The following 1 user Likes newcollector's post:
  • veeru789
I hate the name, but I doubt it will have any effect on the sales of the device.
I'm beginning to think the name will catch on with the general public; outside our more intense BlackBerry community.
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
Yes, I doubt a name will impact sales ... if anything, it may become a discussion point like in our community... but that is basically it.

I think the fact that it is a "SLIDER" and a BlackDroid will ultimately be the deciding factor to its success.

UTB... the place to be ... for your BlackBerry

(30-09-2015, 12:23 AM)newcollector Wrote: A rose called by any other name is still a rose. The Slider called even by the name Priv, is still a slider.

This^^^