Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Passport owner - questions
I love the Q10. Sometimes it's diminutive size is really attractive. You can put it in your shirt pocket for gosh sakes. It's a great form factor. Love the keyboard shortcuts on the BlackBerry PKB. Use them on my Classic too.
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
[-] The following 1 user Likes james pisano's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan
Love the keyboard shortcuts on my Passport, too. Still learning them and getting my personal ones set up. I think I know what I want, set it, then as I use it, find I need to make adjustments. Despite having the 9800 and the 9810, I never really used the shortcuts effectively. Correcting that oversight on my Black Beauty.
[-] The following 2 users Like newcollector's post:
  • james pisano, MissoulaMarinerFan
For some reason, I use very few keyboard shortcuts. Need to use them more. Just keep forgetting.
Yeah. You have to get into the habit. There's a great list in this how to section of keyboard shortcuts; I think it's the BlackBerry official if I remember right.
Use pkb shortcuts all the time on my Classic. Even customized a few.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
I use the mobile web to access these forums and the "T" and "B" keys are awesome to surf through here. I have my settings set to display a lot of the posts in a thread. Most threads all fit on one page. I like this better cause it's easier to follow. When the threads get long and I feel like I've been in touch with what's going on, bouncing to the bottom quickly with the "B" key is awesome.
(01-10-2015, 07:28 AM)james pisano Wrote: I use the mobile web to access these forums and the "T" and "B" keys are awesome to surf through here. I have my settings set to display a lot of the posts in a thread. Most threads all fit on one page. I like this better cause it's easier to follow. When the threads get long and I feel like I've been in touch with what's going on, bouncing to the bottom quickly with the "B" key is awesome.

those are the only ones I use regularly and R for reader mode. L for reload. rest I tend to forget. maybe coz I use all touch and PKB devices simultaneously.
Use the L for reload also. Also have the "C" key programmed to open the camera and the "S" and "A" keys programmed to open assistant.
In the browser I use a lot 'G' to just empty the adress and directly input a new url ;)
user only - palmOS, webOS, android - then BB Q10 and now Black Passport
Oh almost forgot. I do have speed dials set up. I use the touch speed dials on top of the call app for work contacts and my personal contacts set up to hot keys.
[-] The following 2 users Like veeru789's post:
  • james pisano, SipoKapumba