Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Passport owner - questions
Hello

Since yesterady I have it - the black beast !

I was in a total uncertainty of perhaps getting the classic, due to handyness and keyboard - but now I am PP... BB OS 10.3.1.1779

My questions:
1) I am living in Europe and we use a lot of ä, ö and ü and I can of course by long pressing the a, o or u button get the options, but I thought I had seen (might be Classic) a video, where one just could press again, after the options opened and then the curser would jump to the next of the offered options.
I do find it hard to always lift my finger and trigger to the right spot on the screen...

2) When disabling the touchsensitivity of the keyboard I can of course use the space bar to scroll texts or webpages - but only down, on my Q10 I could press shift and then space bar to scroll back up again, but do not find this option on the PP keyboard

Thanks for any inputs ! :-)
user only - palmOS, webOS, android - then BB Q10 and now Black Passport
Change the KB language

Sent from my Classic
meanwhile searching through youtube I found the solution for
1) klick on the letter a, o or u with a long press and then softly tap again on the letter and the curser will jump to the next option, when the ä or what ever paragraph you need is found let it there and press the next letter that should follow or the space bar

2) ??? still missing this
On 2) I don't believe there is a way. There actually are several differences with the capacitive keyboard. I believe this is one.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
(31-08-2015, 03:53 PM)Brad Wrote: On 2) I don't believe there is a way. There actually are several differences with the capacitive keyboard. I believe this is one.

ok ... well so I'll have to get used to scrolling up with the touchsensors - the downscroll works great with the space bar
(31-08-2015, 08:12 PM)nimra Wrote: ok ... well so I'll have to get used to scrolling up with the touchsensors - the downscroll works great with the space bar

I'm not quite sure I understand about the inability to scroll up using the PKB on passport. I am able to do that with mine. The only time you can't scroll up is when the URL is highlighted and the VKB is presents.
Playbook>Bold 9900>Z10>Z30>Passport.
(01-09-2015, 02:10 AM)bambinoitaliano Wrote: I'm not quite sure I understand about the inability to scroll up using the PKB on passport. I am able to do that with mine. The only time you can't scroll up is when the URL is highlighted and the VKB is presents.

On 4 row keyboard BlackBerry, you can scroll down tapping space bar. And scroll up hitting shift then spacebar. On Passport, there's no shift key. Lol

We can scroll up and down using the touch keyboard, but only down using the spacebar

Brad, I can scroll up and down on the Passport using the space key only, or using the whole PKB.

(01-09-2015, 07:02 AM)newcollector Wrote: Brad, I can scroll up and down on the Passport using the space key only, or using the whole PKB.

We're not talking about the capacitive aspect. Just click the space bar, it automatically shoots you down....

(01-09-2015, 09:54 AM)Brad Wrote: We're not talking about the capacitive aspect. Just click the space bar, it automatically shoots you down....

Not on my Passport.

"Encryption is the defense against the dark arts in the digital realm" - Edward Snowden
"Encryption is the defense against the dark arts in the digital realm" - Edward Snowden