Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BES12.2: What's New for Enterprise Developers webcast
This is the Replay:

https://cgs.adobeconnect.com/_a829239487...ode=normal

UTB... the place to be ... for your BlackBerry

Anybody know if Android runtime is on the roadmap for BES workside?
Logic dictates, but reason rules... DM

Farts are just the ghosts of the things we eat...
(29-08-2015, 09:33 AM)Canuckvoip Wrote: Anybody know if Android runtime is on the roadmap for BES workside?
It must be. I was able to speak to a CSR the other day about BES Cloud regarding apks and how everything would work with sideloaded apks. The conversation Had more detail but in short the runtime is still there and as long as you have native it will be.

Oh and about that test you did, the apk should have loaded fine. The problem with it not loading on Work side may have to do with the BES Cloud Trial. With normal licensing it's "supposed" to work however you do so at your own risk and they will not assume and blah blah blah.

"Encryption is the defense against the dark arts in the digital realm" - Edward Snowden
"Encryption is the defense against the dark arts in the digital realm" - Edward Snowden
(29-08-2015, 01:25 PM)Robert Wrote: It must be. I was able to speak to a CSR the other day about BES Cloud regarding apks and how everything would work with sideloaded apks. The conversation Had more detail but in short the runtime is still there and as long as you have native it will be.

Oh and about that test you did, the apk should have loaded fine. The problem with it not loading on Work side may have to do with the BES Cloud Trial. With normal licensing it's "supposed" to work however you do so at your own risk and they will not assume and blah blah blah.

"Encryption is the defense against the dark arts in the digital realm" - Edward Snowden

That's very interesting. Good info Robert. I'm surprised the trial had that feature disabled!

(30-08-2015, 04:48 AM)Canuckvoip Wrote: That's very interesting. Good info Robert. I'm surprised the trial had that feature disabled!
Wouldn't say disabled but from what they told me it's possible that it may be the cause of a 3rd party apk not installing. If I get a chance to get set up more licenses I'll let you know so we can test.

"Encryption is the defense against the dark arts in the digital realm" - Edward Snowden
(30-08-2015, 07:00 AM)Robert Wrote: Wouldn't say disabled but from what they told me it's possible that it may be the cause of a 3rd party apk not installing. If I get a chance to get set up more licenses I'll let you know so we can test.

Sign me up. Logged in again to see if I could try something else but nothing new.

Encryption is the defense against the dark arts in the digital realm" exactly correct