Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing video and phone icons on BBM
(30-08-2015, 05:26 AM)bambinoitaliano Wrote: Messaging is fine. Most of the time I get the phone icon. It's the video icon that disappear most often.

The contacts using BBOS, Android or iPhone they actually don't get all icons as the phones are not compatible.
BBM Pin: quenquen | BBM Channel: C003A038A
I always found that the icons only show if you can connect with the other party - for example if they are not connected to wifi, but I think at that time calls could only be placed when both parties are on wifi - bottom line is it may have something to do with the other party's capability rather than something on your end, for some reason they may not be able to connect.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackJack's post:
  • bambinoitaliano
(30-08-2015, 10:48 AM)quenquen Wrote: The contacts using BBOS, Android or iPhone they actually don't get all icons as the phones are not compatible.

It's with another BlackBerry device. I tend to agree with BlackJack. The party I video chat often is very old school. He tend to turn off the wifi/modem when not in use. I think the turning on and off of the wifi causes the confusion on the devices.
Playbook>Bold 9900>Z10>Z30>Passport.
We definitely don't get the icons here if one of the parties is not on WiFi.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
(30-08-2015, 10:32 PM)bambinoitaliano Wrote: It's with another BlackBerry device. I tend to agree with BlackJack. The party I video chat often is very old school. He tend to turn off the wifi/modem when not in use. I think the turning on and off of the wifi causes the confusion on the devices.

Then I guess he doesn't have "Allow BBM calls over Mobile networks" enabled in settings?
Logic dictates, but reason rules... DM

Farts are just the ghosts of the things we eat...
(31-08-2015, 07:57 AM)Canuckvoip Wrote: Then I guess he doesn't have "Allow BBM calls over Mobile networks" enabled in settings?
I never ask him that before. He is on another side of the world. I will have a chance to see him and will take a look at his Z10.
Playbook>Bold 9900>Z10>Z30>Passport.
(31-08-2015, 08:33 AM)bambinoitaliano Wrote: I never ask him that before. He is on another side of the world. I will have a chance to see him and will take a look at his Z10.

Perfect!
Logic dictates, but reason rules... DM

Farts are just the ghosts of the things we eat...