Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a request for a contingency plan.
If BlackBerry should decide to release a true Android phone, what is UTB going to do? Many of us here have seen first hand what happens when BlackBerry sites go cross platform. The results could be potentially the same if BlackBerry themselves go cross-platform.

I propose that in such an event, the site owners change the name to UTB10. I'm not saying that the Android news stories should be ignored but I want to see this place continue to be a pro BlackBerry 10 site.

Treat any Android related news as back page stuff.

Especially keep the forums a pro BlackBerry 10 place! I don't want the place run over by Android trolls that are given free reign just because their new Android device is built by BlackBerry.

There is writing on the wall. Best to take a look before the paint dries.

Sent from my Classic using Forum Fiend
Honestly, we've talked about this. There are 2, count them 2, of us, that will go unnamed, that have said they would pick up an android BlackBerry. As a second phone.

The way I see it, we're a BlackBerry fan site. And an android BlackBerry would still be a BlackBerry. We will promote the device if it happens, as what we all know it will be, the best android phone to hit the market. Because it's BlackBerry.

However, we're tried and true BlackBerry fans with a genuine love of BB10 and it will be even more important to show how BB10 wins over android.

So let people buy an android BlackBerry. Let them come here for support. And let us show them how BB10 is the best out there. Even better than an android BlackBerry (if it happens)

And as always, trolls are shown the door.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
[-] The following 3 users Like Brad's post:
  • bartron, james pisano, MissoulaMarinerFan
Well...
After we all go to the corner and have a good cry (or three), I'll put on a brave face/stiff upper lip and as Brad says carry on with our best foot forward.
That being said, I'll believe it when I see it, and I ain't seen nothin' yet.
Logic dictates, but reason rules... DM

Farts are just the ghosts of the things we eat...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Canuckvoip's post:
  • james pisano
I really hope your right but call it gun shyness, we heard similar statements from our old buddy Lucas when he was starting his new Android sight.

I'm glad that you big cheezes are talking about it and the possibilities.

Just remember that a house divided against itself cannot stand. Which is exactly what could happen to UTB and even BlackBerry themselves. (this part boarders on paranoia).

I'm not trying to start anything. I post out of genuine concern. I'll leave the topic alone now. :)

[-] The following 1 user Likes BB4tw's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan
BlackBerry forever with BB10 or later. Android can go where it is supposedly very hot.
No, not California.  Tounge
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
[-] The following 1 user Likes DickLewis13's post:
  • james pisano
(19-08-2015, 06:04 AM)BB4tw Wrote: I really hope your right but call it gun shyness, we heard similar statements from our old buddy Lucas when he was starting his new Android sight.

Just remember that a house divided against itself cannot stand. Which is exactly what could happen to UTB and even BlackBerry themselves. (this part boarders on paranoia).

I'm not trying to start anything. I post out of genuine concern. I'll leave the topic alone now. :)

I'm actually glad you're concerned. Thanks for that.

I can also assure you, I'm nothing like Lucas. And what happened on those other sites, is the whole reason UTB is even here.

[-] The following 3 users Like Brad's post:
  • Curconinc, james pisano, MissoulaMarinerFan
Wait, this isn't a Windows10 site?

Honestly, I don't think this site (and its tried and true hosts) would have trouble handling a BlackBerry/Android love child. As it is, there is already the aspect of installing an Android app -- some will use them, others will stick to native (or BBWorld accessible) only, while others will install any- and everything.

I believe there may be some "ribbing" from the BlackBerry10 users that may question why the Bland-roid user didn't just buy a BlackBerry, but there will still be assistance given when able.

I'm on a few Jeep forums, and while the newest generation of Wranglers (the JK and especially the 4-door variant, JKU) get a lot of taunting from the older generation owners, if someone is able to help another, they will -- regardless of vehicle.
[-] The following 2 users Like Trev's post:
  • Brad, MissoulaMarinerFan
(19-08-2015, 05:38 AM)Brad Wrote: Honestly, we've talked about this. There are 2, count them 2, of us, that will go unnamed, that have said they would pick up an android BlackBerry. As a second phone.

you could have named me instead. now it sounds like I'm Not4. :P
[-] The following 1 user Likes veeru789's post:
  • Brad
(19-08-2015, 06:04 AM)BB4tw Wrote: I really hope your right but call it gun shyness, we heard similar statements from our old buddy Lucas when he was starting his new Android sight.

even now we fight on which is the best BB. the PKB pundits claim its the best and VKB pundits try to fight back. similarly, some want the tool belt and other don't. BB has always been about unity in diversity. as long as its a BB, UTB will still be united for the bigger cause; #TEAMBLACKBERRY #TEAMUTB #iChooseUTB
[-] The following 2 users Like veeru789's post:
  • Brad, james pisano
Trev, I love the "Bland-roid" name!! :D

[-] The following 1 user Likes newcollector's post:
  • Trev