Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFC - late to the party
Well I never really had a good look at NFC - I don't like the idea of paying for stuff with my phone one bit.

However, today I fired up the old Z30 on wifi - (no SIM) and was surprised that it required a mandatory update to 10.3.2

I was listening to music on youtube on my Classic, but then thought this would be a good use for the Z30 permanently on my desk, while I use the Classic for other things as my mobile device.

But all my music is on the Classic so I thought hmm would NFC be the best way to transfer it over?

I picked the two up - saw the NFC icon on both and simply placed them together.

Buzzz! they vibrated and the Z30 asked me what which browser I wanted to "open in"

I thought open what?
so I picked the native browser and it opened right to the same youtube video I was streaming on the Classic! Surprised

Wow!
Ok I'm sure everybody already knows that.....
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackJack's post:
  • Nnik
Nope! Mrs Biggly and I often share photos like this tho. Good catch BJ!
If you have a browser page open on both devices, you can get them to "swap" pages, too!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes BrizBerryDevs's post:
  • mscloutier
Wow. I'm glad Apple invented NFC so we could have all these goodies. #NOT Bwahahahahaha
"Encryption is the defense against the dark arts in the digital realm" - Edward Snowden
(10-08-2015, 05:53 AM)Robert Wrote: Wow. I'm glad Apple invented NFC so we could have all these goodies. #NOT Bwahahahahaha

Lmfao!!! No doubt!

Btw, iPhones can't do this because Apple made them incapable of that. I was speaking to a friend that works at Apple about this and he just couldn't imagine people would ever want to use nfc this way. iDiot.

I use this all the time to transfer things between my phones.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
can someone tell me how to turn NFC on or off?
it turned off on me when I hooked up link and now I don't know how to get it back on lol
Go to Settings, then "Network and Connections." Scroll down.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
[-] The following 2 users Like MissoulaMarinerFan's post:
  • BlackJack, Brad
(10-08-2015, 07:23 AM)BlackJack Wrote: can someone tell me how to turn NFC on or off?
it turned off on me when I hooked up link and now I don't know how to get it back on lol
Settings connections

(10-08-2015, 07:07 AM)Brad Wrote: Lmfao!!! No doubt!

Btw, iPhones can't do this because Apple made them incapable of that. I was speaking to a friend that works at Apple about this and he just couldn't imagine people would ever want to use nfc this way. iDiot.

I use this all the time to transfer things between my phones.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nnik's post:
  • Brad
(10-08-2015, 07:23 AM)BlackJack Wrote: can someone tell me how to turn NFC on or off?

seriously ?!!