Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell us your come to BlackBerry story
(02-12-2015, 12:33 PM)veeru789 Wrote: That's a great story Hyman. Glad you are back in the black.

And BTW we used to call it Primani. :P

Where are you from CVK? UK? :-D
Hyman,
Im based in Singapore. But did my MBA in the UK. and Primani was the one stop shop as students ;)
(03-12-2015, 12:35 PM)veeru789 Wrote: Hyman,
Im based in Singapore. But did my MBA in the UK. and Primani was the one stop shop as students ;)

Ok. Got it. :-D
the funny thing was I was a stalwart Nokia fan. I used to watch my clients obsessively text each other on their "Crackberries". One client even texted her co-workers during delivery of her first baby. I was gifted a Pearl 8100 and couldn't believe the power in my hands. From then on, I have had most of the 8000 series consumer models, the 9000, 9900, Z10x3, I kept selling and buying back. The Q10, 2x Z30 (one for my partner) Q10 again and now back on Z30. All since 2004. Hoping there's a Passport in my immediate future.
[-] The following 3 users Like OriginalLucy's post:
  • Brad, Schmurf., Stas
Welcome Lucy! Thanks for sharing your story! It's great that you were able to discover BlackBerry and find it fit you so well.

Sent from my Passport
Welcome back, Lucy. It's been a while.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
My first blackberry was 8700c. After Nokia it was strange and novel experience. But 8700c was also simple, safe & unfailing device. And soon it become my favorite phone. Then I had Storm2, 9220, 9900, Z3. But the first 8700 still working! For me it is handy & comfortable to use blackberry. It is my favorite phones.
[-] The following 4 users Like Stas's post:
  • Brad, DickLewis13, pippimarried, Schmurf.
Greatest ideas usually come during times like these. It is when we lose a little of of sanity we start to gain some creativity. And creativity comes in different shapes and forms.

As for my story, my last phone was from crApple. It was iPhone 4. I had it for like several years but never upgraded cuz I was never convinced to do so. I felt that every new phone is almost exactly like the one before it and it was absolutely overpriced. I thought of switching to android but wasn't sure. Did some research and found out that BlackBerry actually makes great devices with unmatched security. Then they released the passport and I read a lot of positive reviews and some negative ones. Started comparing then decided to use the Passport. I'm still satisfied
[-] The following 2 users Like Ninja's post:
  • Brad, fishlove73
(05-12-2015, 03:23 AM)Stas Wrote: My first blackberry was 8700c. After Nokia it was strange and novel experience. But 8700c was also simple, safe & unfailing device. And soon it become my favorite phone. Then I had Storm2, 9220, 9900, Z3. But the first 8700 still working! For me it is handy & comfortable to use blackberry. It is my favorite phones.

Are you still using it??

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
My first BlackBerry was an 8820, which my wife bought for me in 2008. What impressed me the most about it was the email capabilities, which enabled me to keep in touch and on top of things 24/7. I didn't like the tiny screen and the screen resolution. I still have the device and it works, though my daughter now uses it as an alarm clock during school. My next one was a Torch 9800. I liked the bigger screen, resolution and enhanced email capabilities. I hated the fact that some attachments could not download due to size limitations. After that, I got the Z10, because of an even bigger screen, faster processor, all touch screen and OS10. I was using it until I got the Z30 this year, which was a present from my wife, about two months ago. My next target is the original Passport.