Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell us your come to BlackBerry story
First phone was a Motorola Startack, followed by another Moto, a Sony Ericcson, a Nokia and then almost all Palm and later all webOS devices and then when my HP Pre3 (webOS) couldn't handle browsing and e-mail anymore I got a Galaxy Note 3, which I bought last year...then I was watching the whole 6 episodes of 'Justified' where Marshal Givens would always play with his BlackBerry and take fast snapshots etc and got kind of mildly interested and at the same time more and more bored with the vkb of my Galaxy and started a youtube search and fould comparisons of all BlackBerry devices 'AngentJucy's' videos gave me the kick to do a search for a Q10, bought one online second hand and just three weeks later the PP, which I now have since 29th of August and I am now an addict ;) and I feel the good old Palm days again refreshing my memory when I was so much younger...lol
...and found forums different than androids where so many great people help and chat!!!
user only - palmOS, webOS, android - then BB Q10 and now Black Passport
[-] The following 6 users Like nimra's post:
  • Brad, fishlove73, james pisano, pippimarried, Stas, veeru789
Nimra! These forums depend on new members like you!
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
My first phone... man, I can't remember it. I know it was a chocolate bar style, but wasn't that sweet, aside from the fact it was a step up from my pager! My first "smart" device was a Timex DataLink watch that would download Outlook calendar updates via flashing bars on my computer's screen. Then I moved to a Palm Pilot Pro. I was a huge Palm fan and used their devices regularly until they started to fall off the cliff. When my Treo was up for replacement, they were trying to get their new WebOS off the ground, but effectively ran out of money. I had seen BlackBerry devices before, but never felt they were for me as they reminded me of a glorified pager. However, the Bold and the Curve were out at that time (2007) a I decided to take a leap and switch to BlackBerry, choosing the Tour after some research. It helped that many in my office were on BlackBerry and the company officially supported them. We had a BYOD policy then and still do, for the consultants. The learning curve was a bit steep, but I ended up being quite impressed with what it could do for me, aside from browsing that is. I borrowed a friend's Torch to get me through to the BB10 launch, whereupon I bought a Z10. When the Z30 came out, I got it too. Then when the Passport came out... yup, got it as well. I've been advised I have to wait until my two years are up now.
[-] The following 2 users Like Schmurf.'s post:
  • Stas, veeru789
(21-11-2015, 05:14 PM)Schmurf. Wrote: My first phone... man, I can't remember it. I know it was a chocolate bar style, but wasn't that sweet, aside from the fact it was a step up from my pager! My first "smart" device was a Timex DataLink watch that would download Outlook calendar updates via flashing bars on my computer's screen. Then I moved to a Palm Pilot Pro. I was a huge Palm fan and used their devices regularly until they started to fall off the cliff. When my Treo was up for replacement, they were trying to get their new WebOS off the ground, but effectively ran out of money. I had seen BlackBerry devices before, but never felt they were for me as they reminded me of a glorified pager. However, the Bold and the Curve were out at that time (2007) a I decided to take a leap and switch to BlackBerry, choosing the Tour after some research. It helped that many in my office were on BlackBerry and the company officially supported them. We had a BYOD policy then and still do, for the consultants. The learning curve was a bit steep, but I ended up being quite impressed with what it could do for me, aside from browsing that is. I borrowed a friend's Torch to get me through to the BB10 launch, whereupon I bought a Z10. When the Z30 came out, I got it too. Then when the Passport came out... yup, got it as well. I've been advised I have to wait until my two years are up now.

will you get the priv too?
Veeru, I am on a new device moratorium, at least until my contract is over. I'll have to what's what at that time.
(23-11-2015, 01:45 PM)Schmurf. Wrote: Veeru, I am on a new device moratorium, at least until my contract is over. I'll have to what's what at that time.

Hope your contract finishes soon or you get an early upgrade option.
Another year... another year. But on the upside, I am working this awesome Passport! :D
[-] The following 2 users Like Schmurf.'s post:
  • fishlove73, veeru789
My BlackBerry story started one day when I was in a Primark queue way back in 2011. There was this lady in front of me holding a BOLD 9900 but I wasn't really sure if it was really a BOLD 9900 at that time. And what I did was, I looked intently on her phone (without prying too much though..) and tried to memorise her phone's physical looks.

I was so intrigued of the qwerty (and knew it's also a touchscreen phone!), I wanted to try it. So after I finished shopping, I headed home immediately and checked online to see deals on Blackberry Bold 9900. It was delivered to me after 2 days, and I finally had my very first Blackberry!

Typing on its qwerty keyboard was such a joy! I'm sending emails with such ease and efficiency.

Fast forward 2 years, in 2013, my family got caught with financial turmoil. Life was so tight that I went to sell my beloved BlackBerry Bold 9900. I started offering it to a friend but she didn't took it. I had a sigh of relief! But then, still money was a scarce! I went to a high street to sell it on second hand phone shops, but they wanted to buy it so cheap I refused to sell it. It’s like giving them my BlackBerry for free, that was my sentiment at that time.

Then finally! Money came at last.. I was able to land a decent paying job, I was able to save my beloved Blackberry Bold 9900, which I still use up to now but only as a spare phone. It's on a semi retired stage at the moment and I'd like to preserve it.

Then came another Blackberry, a BB10 Z30 this time, for a much needed upgrade! Wow, life has gotten even better!

And guess what, my Passport SE is on its way!

It's a roller coaster, tear jerking ride it really was and it really is for me and my BlackBerry devices.

Long live Blackberry! The best device and best OS there is!
[-] The following 6 users Like HYMAN's post:
  • Brad, james pisano, MissoulaMarinerFan, Schmurf., SipoKapumba, veeru789
That's a great story Hyman. Glad you are back in the black.

And BTW we used to call it Primani. :P
[-] The following 1 user Likes veeru789's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan
Hyman, gotta love your love of BlackBerry!