Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playbook and BB10 (Passport)
Awhile ago some of us were having issues with connecting Playbook with our BB10 devices. The connection is random. Often it works for awhile and then it does not. There's no way around to connect Playbook with my Passport with BB Bridge with certainty. I do not  know recent software upgrade did anything to improve the connection. A few days ago, I started tinkering with it. First connecting the blue tooth between both devices . Once confirm on the Passport, I move on to connect the devices with BB Bridge. Once connected, the pairing seems to be working more consistency. So far I do not have disconnection or notification to ask me for BBM upgrade on my Playbook. Back in the days I do not recall blue tooth connection is require between the phone and the tablet, all I need was BB Bridge. I'm curious of those who still use their Playbooks with a BB10 devices shared my experience.
Playbook>Bold 9900>Z10>Z30>Passport.
No, Bridge handled the connection on BBOS. I'm sure of it. Nearly. And I've never even tried bridge from BB10. I really need to try that

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
I'll try mine again. Has not failed me on the other occasions in the past though.
Logic dictates, but reason rules... DM

Farts are just the ghosts of the things we eat...
(01-08-2015, 02:40 AM)Brad Wrote: No, Bridge handled the connection on BBOS. I'm sure of it. Nearly. And I've never even tried bridge from BB10. I really need to try that

Same. Sounds like it's time to fire up the PlayBook again!

Sent under the cloak of secrecy.
I've Bridged both my Q10 and my Passport to the PlayBook often. I use the device as a remote control for doing presentations while my PlayBook is connected to a projector. That way I can move around and make grand gestures. I'm egotistical like that.

Having said all of that, I've never known any issues with the bridging feature and it has always used BT...even with BBOS devices (like my 9900 and my 9800).
#BBisAwesomeGate
9800>9900>Q10>Passport>Priv all alongside my trusty PlayBook
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chaplain_Clancy's post:
  • Brad
I think BB is putting grand gestures into 10.4
Logic dictates, but reason rules... DM

Farts are just the ghosts of the things we eat...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Canuckvoip's post:
  • BlackJack
I hope so. The swipe to close was a cool feature. I like it better than trying to tap the 'X'.

sent from my amazing Passport
[-] The following 2 users Like newcollector's post:
  • BlackJack, Brad
(08-08-2015, 06:57 AM)newcollector Wrote: I hope so. The swipe to close was a cool feature. I like it better than trying to tap the 'X'.

I so agree with this.

Bridging PlayBook with the Classic is.... classic
Like adding a remote trackpad and pkb to your playbook :)
(08-08-2015, 06:57 AM)newcollector Wrote: I hope so. The swipe to close was a cool feature. I like it better than trying to tap the 'X'.

+1 !
Much easier and more gratifying.
I am enjoying closing apps without even touching the screen though with the 'back' key on the Toolbelt :D