Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get Cortana
Why do we need our BlackBerry to talk to us?
We don't have enough annoyances?
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
[-] The following 1 user Likes DickLewis13's post:
  •
if you are really into these voice services, BB assistant is the best. as it can access your work side data as well.
Honestly, I always forget about the assistant, and now Cortana. Lol. Keep meaning to test them... But never really have

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
Does it REALLY do better than our Assistant? And why?

I don't use it. I sometimes ask it screwy things out of boredom. LOL.
I WOULD like the ability to name it--like my GPS.
Honestly, I only played with Cortana a few minutes. One thing I'll give MS credit for, it sounds more human than our assistant

I have used it and I can say it's completely ridiculous. I asked it to play a song and rather than do that it opens a webpage of search results for the song. Same with opening an app or anything.
They say it's still in beta, so we'll wait and see how it compares with BBAssistant.

Here's a funny response from Cortana about Siri
Running the latest OS on my cute z30 Wink
[-] The following 2 users Like shorski's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan, veeru789
(21-07-2015, 03:19 AM)shorski Wrote: I have used it and I can say it's completely ridiculous. I asked it to play a song and rather than do that it opens a webpage of search results for the song. Same with opening an app or anything.
They say it's still in beta, so we'll wait and see how it compares with BBAssistant.

Here's a funny response from Cortana about Siri

Bwahahahahaha!!!

[-] The following 1 user Likes Brad's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan
LOL^^
Hahaha that's a good one.
Installed on the Z10. Microsoft did well with the voice. It actually sounds like a human. And if you ask, she'll even sing to you! (oh baby, oh baby)

I wasn't all that impressed with the responses. Cortana seemed to prefer just pulling Web pages and say "Here's what I've found" vs BlackBerry assistant which will at least read a short answer.
An example is with BlackBerry, it will say "it's sunny..." whereas Cortana simply said "here's the weather in your current location". With BlackBerry, I didn't have to look at the screen, which is where voice recognition should be most beneficial. In fact. I'd assumed that was it's purpose.
[-] The following 2 users Like Trev's post:
  • Brad, veeru789