Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make BB10 Read Web Pages To You
One of the new features in 10.3.2 is the ability to get BB10 to read web pages to you. Here are the steps:

1. Enter Reader Mode
2. Tap the Play button on the bottom menu. It's the one on the right (see attached photo).

The voice does sound a big distorted on my Passport -- hopefully BB will fix that soon -- but it's quite handy when you want to read articles while doing something else.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 3 users Like bartron's post:
  • bambinoitaliano, james pisano, veeru789
I've been reading about Read Mode. Personally, no use for it. My Classic starts talking to me, I'll try to answer.
Old age does that to ya. Hehe!
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
[-] The following 2 users Like DickLewis13's post:
  • BlackJack, newcollector
I like Reader Mode because I can increase the font size and it will remember that setting and use it every time I enter Reader Mode.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bartron's post:
  • veeru789
I use reader mode a lot. Use it on both mobile and full sites, probably more on mobile sites that have ads blocking up a third of the page or more.

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes BB4tw's post:
  • bartron
off topic, just out of curiosity , does iOS or Android native browser have this feature.
I don't know. I'm pretty sure Safari on iOS has Reader Mode, since the OSX version has had it for several years.
(14-07-2015, 12:43 PM)bartron Wrote: I don't know. I'm pretty sure Safari on iOS has Reader Mode, since the OSX version has had it for several years.

ok. thought someone said they don't have it.
(11-07-2015, 07:32 AM)DickLewis13 Wrote: I've been reading about Read Mode. Personally, no use for it. My Classic starts talking to me, I'll try to answer.
Old age does that to ya. Hehe!
Hahaha. Ask Assistant, ''do you know everything'' and see what you get!
I forgot about this! Gotta try it

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
I just found a new way to read UTB at work

Sent under the cloak of secrecy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pippimarried's post:
  • bartron