Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AT&T rumored to get the BlackDroid or AndBerry
So still BlackBerry is separate... But not BB10. Don't see the win here.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
(18-07-2015, 02:38 AM)Brad Wrote: But how is that possible without full android?

BlackBerry Magic!
(18-07-2015, 06:52 AM)Robert Wrote: Of course. It's the only way to keep it closed and makes it easier to secure the right way, the BlackBerry way.

I wonder if that'll mean a new BlackBerry-created Android-oriented program similar to Momentics for BB10, or whether Devs wanting to build apps specifically for these devices will have to use Android Studio...?
[-] The following 1 user Likes BrizBerryDevs's post:
  • Robert
(18-07-2015, 06:57 AM)BrizBerryDevs Wrote: I wonder if that'll mean a new BlackBerry-created Android-oriented program similar to Momentics for BB10, or whether Devs wanting to build apps specifically for these devices will have to use Android Studio...?

Didn't even think about that. I would hope native apps would run. Will we be sideloading native BB10 apps? Lol!!!

(18-07-2015, 06:43 AM)Brad Wrote: It's own dev branch huh?

So what happens to current in market BB10 handsets?  Will BLackBerry maintain two distinct operating systems?  I will assume that current devices will not be able to receive an OTA update to a completely different OS.  If they become OHA members and become official Android OEMs, what does that mean to the current ability to run Android apps in BB10?
(18-07-2015, 07:01 AM)ital1 Wrote: So what happens to current in market BB10 handsets?  Will BLackBerry maintain two distinct operating systems?  I will assume that current devices will not be able to receive an OTA update to a completely different OS.  If they become OHA members and become official Android OEMs, what does that mean to the current ability to run Android apps in BB10?

That's the thing. I keep hearing variant. But with the current OHA rules, I don't see how one allows for the other. Unless rules are bent.

Rules will be bent, been telling you... Google and BlackBerry are entering a "partnership"
[-] The following 1 user Likes johnadeleon's post:
  • mopar_fxr
(18-07-2015, 01:34 AM)mopar_fxr Wrote: I don't know how much "harm" it will REALLY do. Yes, BB10 is better as a whole, but I see it as a door that can be busted open to get others more "familiar" with BB10 functions since (rumor) most functions are going to be x-fered over to the droid-berry design. For instance the HUB feature is a big one rolling over.
Leave it to the guy with poor taste in cars to be the wise man in the end
[-] The following 2 users Like Nnik's post:
  • Brad, mopar_fxr
(18-07-2015, 07:06 AM)johnadeleon Wrote: Rules will be bent, been telling you... Google and BlackBerry are entering a "partnership"

So, BlackBerry and Google will release a newly secured Android for the masses and Enterprise? If so that kind of makes the decision not to use BlackBerry 10 easier for both consumers and enterprises.
(18-07-2015, 07:09 AM)ital1 Wrote: So, BlackBerry and Google will release a newly secured Android for the masses and Enterprise? If so that kind of makes the decision not to use BlackBerry 10 easier for both consumers and enterprises.

It also screws over a lot of long time Android partners. Lol

[-] The following 1 user Likes Brad's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan