Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AT&T rumored to get the BlackDroid or AndBerry
I don't know how much "harm" it will REALLY do. Yes, BB10 is better as a whole, but I see it as a door that can be busted open to get others more "familiar" with BB10 functions since (rumor) most functions are going to be x-fered over to the droid-berry design. For instance the HUB feature is a big one rolling over.
May not be my first rodeo, but there is a difference between being the clown and riding the bull.

Z30 STA100-3 and STL100-3 running on ATT in the U.S.A.~ But leaked of course
(18-07-2015, 01:34 AM)mopar_fxr Wrote: I don't know how much "harm" it will REALLY do. Yes, BB10 is better as a whole, but I see it as a door that can be busted open to get others more "familiar" with BB10 functions since (rumor) most functions are going to be x-fered over to the droid-berry design. For instance the HUB feature is a big one rolling over.

Welcome back :)

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brad's post:
  • mopar_fxr
Why would BlackBerry move from BB10 to full Android?

BlackBerry 10 is (in my opinion) more stable, more secure and a newer OS (life cycle)

The BB10 OS will run the vast majority of Android Apps, in a safer environment than Android devices, (BlackBerry Guardian checking apps) so really all that is needed is some access to Googles Play Services. NOT a move to full Android.
[-] The following 1 user Likes davemorgan's post:
  • Bastakiatavich
(18-07-2015, 02:35 AM)davemorgan Wrote: Why would BlackBerry move from BB10 to full Android?

BlackBerry 10 is (in my opinion) more stable, more secure and a newer OS (life cycle)

The BB10 OS will run the vast majority of Android Apps, in a safer environment than Android devices, (BlackBerry Guardian checking apps) so really all that is needed is some access to Googles Play Services. NOT a move to full Android.

But how is that possible without full android?

(03-07-2015, 08:32 AM)The_Alpha_Geek Wrote: I just don't see how BlackBerry would be successful with an Android handset when Android stalwarts are in the red using Android. And these guys make "stellar" hardware. HTC, Sony, Motorola....all in the red. LG phone shipments forecasts were lowered...Chinese vendors scrapping the bottom of the barrel with their profit margins....that's not sustainable.

Don't look at the average consumers. Think enterprise users that prefer Android. There has to be a very nice piece of the pie in this area.
"Encryption is the defense against the dark arts in the digital realm" - Edward Snowden
(18-07-2015, 02:35 AM)davemorgan Wrote: Why would BlackBerry move from BB10 to full Android?

But perhaps a custom built Android might be the key. A hybrid would be nice especially if done correctly.
"Encryption is the defense against the dark arts in the digital realm" - Edward Snowden
(18-07-2015, 03:03 AM)Robert Wrote: But perhaps a custom built Android might be the key. A hybrid would be nice especially if done correctly.

And this is EXACTLY what is to be rumored.  A hybrid "new" android lollypop, device specific for the Blackberry units to be made for it.  Last I saw, was 5.0.01 if my memory serves me correct, compaired to lollypop 5.0.  It is to have its own "dev branch" like we see from new builds upon BB OS now.
May not be my first rodeo, but there is a difference between being the clown and riding the bull.

(18-07-2015, 02:17 AM)Brad Wrote: Welcome back :)

I told you ;)
:P now lets get this party STARTED!!!!

[-] The following 1 user Likes mopar_fxr's post:
  • Brad
(18-07-2015, 04:44 AM)mopar_fxr Wrote: And this is EXACTLY what is to be rumored.  A hybrid "new" android lollypop, device specific for the Blackberry units to be made for it.  Last I saw, was 5.0.01 if my memory serves me correct, compaired to lollypop 5.0.  It is to have its own "dev branch" like we see from new builds upon BB OS now.

It's own dev branch huh?

(18-07-2015, 06:43 AM)Brad Wrote: It's own dev branch huh?

Of course. It's the only way to keep it closed and makes it easier to secure the right way, the BlackBerry way.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Robert's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan