Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classic ToolBelt Tips
I used the classic as well, for about 3 weeks. Even on classic the typing speed goes down one handed. In fact any phone. Even the VKB.
(10-06-2015, 10:11 PM)BB4tw Wrote: That is the point exactly. There is being able to do something and then there is being able to do it well.

If someone wants to type one handed often and do it efficiently then the Passport is probably not the device for them. The Classic is the right size for just such a person.

This opinion isn't a knock against Passport. Just an acknowledgment of the different designs available for different usage priorities.

Yes. Agreed. The different Berries have different use cases. They have different features and form factors. Frankly, I think this is how it should be. Many of us in here have more than one Berry, but we are in the minority of the overall user community. If I had to chose one device, it would be the Classic. But I still enjoy using my Z30 every so often.
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
[-] The following 1 user Likes james pisano's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan
(11-06-2015, 01:14 PM)veeru789 Wrote: I used the classic as well, for about 3 weeks. Even on classic the typing speed goes down one handed. In fact any phone. Even the VKB.
Agreed, but when it comes to one handed use the main factor to consider is stability in hand and ease at which one thumb can reach the opposite ends of the keyboard/screen.

These factors are better served with a smaller size. With my Q10 I can maintain a solid grip while still reaching all corners of the device with my thumb. It isn't that way with my Z30. To reach the corners of the screen I have to change to a looser grip that is more prone to dropping.

Nobody that is using their phone one handed is going after speed.
[-] The following 2 users Like BB4tw's post:
  • BlackJack, james pisano
(13-06-2015, 08:42 AM)BB4tw Wrote: Agreed, but when it comes to one handed use the main factor to consider is stability in hand and ease at which one thumb can reach the opposite ends of the keyboard/screen.

These factors are better served with a smaller size. With my Q10 I can maintain a solid grip while still reaching all corners of the device with my thumb. It isn't that way with my Z30. To reach the corners of the screen I have to change to a looser grip that is more prone to dropping.

Nobody that is using their phone one handed is going after speed.

Agreed BB4tw! The Q10 has an excellent form factor. I just had my Q10 in my hand earlier today and suddenly felt the urge to use it again. It's so small and lightweight! It's awesome! Damn I love that little device. I agree completely that it's all about how much space your thumb can cover without adjusting your grip.
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
Here's a cool tip I just picked up -
When using the file manager, you can select multiple files using shift (up arrow) and trackpad, similar to selecting text. Simply move over all the files you want to check for moving or copying.

Try that on a PassPort :p
LOVE THIS! LOVE THE TRACKPAD!
[-] The following 4 users Like BlackJack's post:
  • BB4tw, james pisano, MissoulaMarinerFan, veeru789
(11-06-2015, 01:14 PM)veeru789 Wrote: I used the classic as well, for about 3 weeks. Even on classic the typing speed goes down one handed. In fact any phone. Even the VKB.

While accuracy improves.
Sure I could type like blazes on the Z30, but then I spent more time than it took to type it proofreading before I pressed send or correcting things that were intentionally misspelled, that the auto correct decided to change for me. 
(01-06-2015, 03:07 AM)veeru789 Wrote: I don't know about envy, but I feel sorry for classic users when I see my passports work wide screen and the amazing display. :p

That's how I feel when I see people having to put down all the stuff they are carrying to use both hands and then subsequently walking into walls. Tounge
(15-06-2015, 10:11 AM)BlackJack Wrote: While accuracy improves.
Sure I could type like blazes on the Z30, but then I spent more time than it took to type it proofreading before I pressed send or correcting things that were intentionally misspelled, that the auto correct decided to change for me. 

Guess it depends on the your style. I rely on auto correct more and not so much intentional typing mistakes. I use my passport one handed quite often. No issues.
Here's a toolbelt tip that I just found. After you hit "end" to minimize an app, you can hit the "back" key to close it. For that matter, the back key will close any active frame that you move the highlight to with the trackpad.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BB4tw's post:
  • DickLewis13
Here's Classic Hub trick. If you leave the Hub with a message open and you swipe to the left to go re-enter the Hub it will go back to the open message. If you enter Hub via the icon that sits above the "send" button it will open to the main list.
[-] The following 2 users Like BB4tw's post:
  • DickLewis13, james pisano