Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classic ToolBelt Tips
(01-06-2015, 03:07 AM)veeru789 Wrote: I don't know about envy, but I feel sorry for classic users when I see my passports work wide screen and the amazing display. :p

I fully admit I envy that!
Right up until I couldn't use it because I 'm using my other hand for something else. :p
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackJack's post:
  • james pisano
Tell 'em BJ!!! I love the size of the Classic. Perfect for one handed use, e.g. reading the news in the morning while eating, or walking down the street while carrying bags.
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
Well some of us have man hands :p
[-] The following 1 user Likes veeru789's post:
  • james pisano
I don't see a problem using a Passport one-handed
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
Back to the menu button -- I must admit I still find myself at times, long pressing the menu button half expecting the app switcher pop up to appear. I guess that function is still hard wired in my brain somewhere after years of BBOS use. Ok, now back to on topic...carry on.
UTB's one and only 'Posting Ninja'
(05-06-2015, 12:54 PM)DickLewis13 Wrote: I don't see a problem using a Passport one-handed
I think it depends on what for. NOT for typing.
I can go to and from Hub with one.

I couldn't figure out the other day why my little finger was sore. Then I realized I rest the total weight of the pprt on it while typing.
Meant typing one-handed. Type that way on my Nexus 7 at times.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
I can type one handed too. A bit slow, but can do fine.
(09-06-2015, 01:49 PM)veeru789 Wrote: I can type one handed too. A bit slow, but can do fine.
That is the point exactly. There is being able to do something and then there is being able to do it well.

If someone wants to type one handed often and do it efficiently then the Passport is probably not the device for them. The Classic is the right size for just such a person.

This opinion isn't a knock against Passport. Just an acknowledgment of the different designs available for different usage priorities.
[-] The following 3 users Like BB4tw's post:
  • james pisano, MissoulaMarinerFan, sethr
Yep. In hindsight I wish I had gone Classic.
If I had been able to see them in a store it would have helped a lot.