Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classic ToolBelt Tips
I'm looking forward to having the back button available in the web browser. It's the one short cut that I wish the keyboard had. That is, of course, as long as it will scroll back through Web pages when pressed.
That's exactly how it works, BB4tw! It is very cool!
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
Fiction, James - on the Q10 on a web-page, as long as you're not in a text field all you have to do is hit the "L" key. No shift required. Hitting "T" or "B" takes you to the top or bottom of the webpage. It probably works the same on the classic pkb.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MissoulaMarinerFan's post:
  • james pisano
(29-05-2015, 08:40 AM)BB4tw Wrote: I'm looking forward to having the back button available in the web browser. It's the one short cut that I wish the keyboard had. That is, of course, as long as it will scroll back through Web pages when pressed.
On the Q10, hitting "p" takes you back through webpages, hitting "n" takes you forward, and hitting "w" brings up the ability to select which browser tab you want to be on. I'd be highly surprised if it didn't function this way on the classic pkb as well.
[-] The following 2 users Like MissoulaMarinerFan's post:
  • BB4tw, james pisano
(29-05-2015, 03:01 PM)MissoulaMarinerFan Wrote: Fiction, James - on the Q10 on a web-page, as long as you're not in a text field all you have to do is hit the "L" key. No shift required. Hitting "T" or "B" takes you to the top or bottom of the webpage. It probably works the same on the classic pkb.

You're correct sir! I'm surprised I didn't catch that on the "L" key since I use the "T" "B" "P" and "N" shortcuts all the time. What an idiot! Thanks!
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
[-] The following 1 user Likes james pisano's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan
(29-05-2015, 10:17 PM)james pisano Wrote: You're correct sir! I'm surprised I didn't catch that on the "L" key since I use the "T" "B" "P" and "N" shortcuts all the time. What an idiot! Thanks!
You're not an idiot James! It happens to the best of us. The only reason I knew it worked was that I went from a bold 9900 (which had all those pkb shortcuts) to the Q10 - and muscle memory just kicked in, lol! Ps, as long as the page is done loading, you can hit "r" and it opens the page in reader mode.
(29-05-2015, 03:05 PM)MissoulaMarinerFan Wrote: On the Q10, hitting "p" takes you back through webpages, hitting "n" takes you forward, and hitting "w" brings up the ability to select which browser tab you want to be on. I'd be highly surprised if it didn't function this way on the classic pkb as well.
Thanks for this tip! I already knew about the "w" shortcut. It's one of my most used along with "r" for reader mode. Even on mobile sites, it's handy for removing ads that can take up 1/3 of the screen. The additional knowledge of "p" and "n" are most welcome. It sure is fun learning new stuff.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BB4tw's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan
(29-05-2015, 03:06 AM)BlackJack Wrote: Oh cool so we're doing only things that you can do with the toolbelt that no other device can dream of? I think I'll pitch my tent here.

Ewww

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
(30-05-2015, 05:02 AM)Brad Wrote: Ewww

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

Try to be a little more subtle with your toolbelt envy Brad *Em hand face*
We know you're envious of the cursor and the shift - trackpad text select.....
I don't know about envy, but I feel sorry for classic users when I see my passports work wide screen and the amazing display. :p
[-] The following 1 user Likes veeru789's post:
  • BlackJack