Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Use Facebook? How much? Why?
I get the Business suggestions constantly from Twitter. Retired, so how would that help me.
Back on topic: Facebook is what you make it. Strong privacy settings, choose wisely who your friends are.
Hate Zuckerberg? That's another story.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
Facebook privacy is a mere joke. A tag from a friend is all you need to lose your privacy. And I did not dislike or hate Facebook or Zuckerberg. It's just a matter of personal decision.
I liked it until it lasted.

But priorities change. It’s time to do other things. Explore new things. There's more to life than Facebook and social media for that matter. I'm just on BBM and Twitter and UTB Forums of course, at the moment. :-)
[-] The following 1 user Likes HYMAN's post:
  • veeru789
Yes, you can lock down privacy settings so that certain people don't see your posts or your pics. But in the end those pics and posts stay on Facebook forever...regardless of privacy settings, ownership of the pics is forfeited. Facebook uses analytics, scans everything typed and advertises accordingly to interests and reports to multiple corps. on what those interests are to determine trend and product use. Basically provides a dossier on you, your interests, hopes and dreams to corps. and whichever government you reside under.
Sadly, it's never going away because it's to useful for business purposes and governments. Long gone are the days of telemarketing and surveys...its no longer needed with an online dossier of who your friends are, what your interests are etc... Facebook is also in the cookie and beacon business...you don't even have to use facebook anymore and they still try to find ways to track you.
[-] The following 3 users Like fishlove73's post:
  • Brad, HYMAN, Schmurf.
I really don't like Facebook but I have close relatives in Australia and no family at all where I live. It's the easiest way to keep track of what they're all doing. Although I use it reluctantly lol.
[-] The following 2 users Like Sweet Mystery's post:
  • DickLewis13, Schmurf.
Same, pretty much what I said.

(29-01-2016, 08:26 AM)Sweet Mystery Wrote: I really don't like Facebook but I have close relatives in Australia and no family at all where I live. It's the easiest way to keep track of what they're all doing. Although I use it reluctantly lol.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
[-] The following 1 user Likes DickLewis13's post:
  • Sweet Mystery
i guess its good if you have an account with no info on it and dont post anything. just to check what others are doing.

im done with it anyway. deleted my account.
[-] The following 1 user Likes veeru789's post:
  • HYMAN
There was an interesting mini-docu link that was posted earlier today on Privacy Central (C003319F7) under the title of goodbye Facebook (about 6:30 my time - Mountain, GMT-7). It's a good one to watch. It clocks in at about a half hour, so get comfy.
The power of BB10. A long press on the channel pin will highlight it and give options to open channel. All without leaving the browser. BBM is still available if you need it. Also don't forget hub also give you access to BBM.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)