Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Use Facebook? How much? Why?
(10-12-2015, 02:27 PM)veeru789 Wrote: Just deactivated my Facebook account :)

Best thing you could have done!!
(10-12-2015, 07:58 PM)veeru789 Wrote: I was contemplating for a while now. and today after that stupid argument at TB, it just gave me the motivation.

I feel you Veeru. It's just crazy really how people have become stupid with all these software/apps thing. They became trolls and zombies! Seems like "it's cool to troll Blackberry", nowadays. #facepalm
[-] The following 1 user Likes HYMAN's post:
  • veeru789
I was on FB around the beginning of it's growth and then decided it was time to get off completely. A downside is that there are a few things I miss: a few friends who live farther away - I can't see their families growing; and my daughters Canada Dance team were posting lots of stuff on it. Other than that, I am very happy to be off for the following main reasons. I am not sharing my personal and private life with a company that I have no true control over; I don't want to share info with people I don't want to (I do understand that there are privacy controls); and probably one of my biggest issues is that most people, me included, only waste their life away creeping on others. I tell people all the time, "Live your life and get off FB"
"First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less...."
[-] The following 1 user Likes kpbutton's post:
  • fishlove73
I visit FB once in a while, lots of family are on it, including kids and grandkids. Everything is set to as private as I can.
There are worse things out there. It's not the end of the world.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
I use it daily to communicate with friends, read news (it beats internet censorship which some online newspapers face in Zambia) and to browse pages offering IT stuff for sale.
Unfortunately, the BlackBerry Facebook app is not the best and it has not been updated in a while. I'm looking forward to Nemory's Face 10 app, which he is developing.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
I am conflicted about FB. True it mines my data and tracks my information. However it gives me a chance to connect with friends and I have a business page. However I am at a moderate truce with it. I use it much less frequently and I only use it from my work or home laptop and don't share too much personal info.
Sipo,
I prefer twitter for news. I can just browse through the head lines quickly without adds and stupid candycrush requests.
[-] The following 1 user Likes veeru789's post:
  • fishlove73
(11-12-2015, 12:15 PM)veeru789 Wrote: Sipo,
I prefer twitter for news. I can just browse through the head lines quickly without adds and stupid candycrush requests.

I use Twitter as a news source as well.
"First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less...."
I have two twitter handles, one work and one personal. I find Twitter to be very in the moment. As soon as you follow too many people, you can't keep up with the feed unless you spend all your time on it.
(11-12-2015, 02:51 PM)Schmurf. Wrote: I have two twitter handles, one work and one personal. I find Twitter to be very in the moment. As soon as you follow too many people, you can't keep up with the feed unless you spend all your time on it.

Make lists. like news, BlackBerry, etc. it will be easy to catch up on what you want.