Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Use Facebook? How much? Why?
(31-08-2015, 01:50 PM)Nnik Wrote: What's "Facebook "?

posted with whatever
A book of faces. ('-')

"Encryption is the defense against the dark arts in the digital realm" - Edward Snowden
"Encryption is the defense against the dark arts in the digital realm" - Edward Snowden
[-] The following 2 users Like Robert's post:
  • Brad, fishlove73
I have a FB account. My status says "If you want to know what I'm doing call me."

"Encryption is the defense against the dark arts in the digital realm" - Edward Snowden
"Encryption is the defense against the dark arts in the digital realm" - Edward Snowden
[-] The following 2 users Like Robert's post:
  • fishlove73, newcollector
A brother of a friend added me. No worries. That's fine. Then he invited me to a group page. The page is just him posting the Pledge of Allegiance every day. I ignored the invite. And he somehow added me to it anyway. Wtf? Now I see the pledge as a notification everyday. *facepalm*

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
(02-09-2015, 04:46 AM)Brad Wrote: A brother of a friend added me. No worries. That's fine. Then he invited me to a group page. The page is just him posting the Pledge of Allegiance every day. I ignored the invite. And he somehow added me to it anyway. Wtf? Now I see the pledge as a notification everyday. *facepalm*

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

Just unfriend him!
Playbook>Bold 9900>Z10>Z30>Passport.
I don't use Facebook. I stopped using it in 2011. I'm not knocking it for anyone else...each to their own. But in general, I am not a fan of social stalking services. There are so many different mediums of communication and I just use the ones that sit ok with me. Once facebook said all pic's are their property, introduced "timeline" I stopped it. My friends and family think I'm a little strange, but I just don't buy into the social stalking pressure. Getting back to the pictures. Facebook could (theoretically ) use one of your family photo's on a billboard for advertising. You would get nothing from it, even though it is your own picture, you digitally signed it over to them when you posted it. I'm not saying that they would do this, I'm just saying that legally they can and there is no recourse. Then, not to mention the stalking by corporations wanting you to "like" them and then proceeding to target market a person. To me it's like some creepy Amway type networking. Almost as creepy as a windowless van sitting in front of a house that says "free candy"
[-] The following 1 user Likes fishlove73's post:
  • mscloutier
I log in once a week, maybe. Never played games. I have all notifications shut off.
Similar, check FB in the morning, never play games, all notifications off.

(02-09-2015, 03:02 PM)Curconinc Wrote: I log in once a week, maybe. Never played games. I have all notifications shut off.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
Just deactivated my Facebook account :)
[-] The following 1 user Likes veeru789's post:
  • fishlove73
I do use Facebook for family matters. And promote Blackberry and BB10 at the same time. I keep my details to a minimum as much as I can.

I have thought about deactivating my account, but people close to me would not just understand it. They'll interpret it as a strange behaviour of some sorts. LOL
I was contemplating for a while now. and today after that stupid argument at TB, it just gave me the motivation.