Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
miracast to blu-ray player
What I thought.
The Sony sees my phone. MAC and all.
The ppt shows only two devices.....my laptop and my desktop.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sethr's post:
  • bartron
(04-06-2015, 11:00 AM)sethr Wrote: What I thought.
The Sony sees my phone. MAC and all.
The ppt shows only two devices.....my laptop and my desktop.

That makes sense. It's what I expected. If your NAS has a DLNA server in it, then your other devices, including your Passport, should see the NAS as well.
(04-06-2015, 02:35 PM)bartron Wrote: That makes sense. It's what I expected. If your NAS has a DLNA server in it, then your other devices, including your Passport, should see the NAS as well.

Yes the NAS has a DLNA server in it. Both do. No the Passport does not see them--at all. The Sony Blu-ray (two of them) players see the DLNAs. THEY also see the Passport. Clicking on it tries to start the "server" on the phone--and fails.
The Passport does not see the NAS DLNAs nor the Sony Blu-rays as devices at all. I went through all the network setups on the sonys. The Passport is allowed and available.
Where you select or delete devices, there is nothing.
I'm giving up on this one.
Oh. That's weird.
Speaking of weird.
I updated the OS and everything is now seen as a device.
Most of the videos play thru the Bluray/DLNA players now. Some aren't acceptable.
The videos all meet the BlackBerry spec, but most MKVs work and a few don't.
It's a start.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sethr's post:
  • bartron
One thing to keep in mind is that DLNA uses UPnP to discover other DLNA devices. That means that you should make sure that UPnP support is enabled in your router -- log into your router and make sure it's enabled.