Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
miracast to blu-ray player
I may have this backwards, but I thought Miracast was supposed to broadcast to a DLNA.
I have a NAS DLNA box and two Sony Blu-ray players that play movies, etc from it.
The Passport doesn't see either side of the equation. No devices show at all.
Do I need to do more?
It works with my Xbox and smart TV. You could probably add your passport as a device in the DLNA device you have and see if it works.
[-] The following 1 user Likes veeru789's post:
  • bartron
jrohland, you don't need an app. Just hit play on button and the phone will show all available devices like Xbox, smart TV .
[-] The following 3 users Like veeru789's post:
  • bartron, miker476, sethr
Nope. I even went: through all t:he DLNA setups on the bluray and router. Phone and devices are on the same band even.
Miracast on. Playon ju?st shows HDMI not: connected. Devices button doesn't bring up zip!
Must be me but I don't know what to do next. Hmmmm.
(19-05-2015, 09:59 PM)sethr Wrote: Nope. I even went: through all t:he DLNA setups on the bluray and router. Phone and devices are on the same band even.
Miracast on. Playon ju?st shows HDMI not: connected. Devices button doesn't bring up zip!  
Must be me but I don't know what to do next. Hmmmm.

Look for firmware updates on the DLNA device.
Logic dictates, but reason rules... DM

Farts are just the ghosts of the things we eat...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Canuckvoip's post:
  • bartron
I think the REAL DLNA devices are my two NAS with their built in software packages. Those show on the Blu-rays as devises.
The Passport now shows up as a MAC address! Now tomake Miracast be seen as true DLNA....
I'm not too technical. But the play on works for me.
DLNA and Miracast are two different things. Miracast is a push streaming tech like AirPlay. DLNA is a media sharing tech that works like a file server. You don't need Miracast in order to use DLNA.

I assume you're trying to use your BB10 device to play media that's on your NAS, correct ?
Nope. Was trying to use Passport LIKE a DLNA.
I was going to play video from the pprt through Bluray like the DLNA does.
But I got to thinking that the pprt can't transcode either.
For the Passport, you just have to turn on media sharing and tap on Devices and select the devices that you want to share the Passport's media with. I'm pretty sure the Passport doesn't need to do any transcoding. It's the receiving devices that have to do the transcoding.