Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using A 128GB MicroSD Card
Agreed.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
Ok guys. Then the only reason not to get a 128GB SD card is the cost it seems.

I guess, the fact that you have so much data on one card, if anything happens to it, it just makes it harder to rebuild vs say, two 64GB SD cards, but you could also look at the advantage of having everything in one place.
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
I would go with two 64gb over one 128gb any day.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
[-] The following 1 user Likes DickLewis13's post:
  • sethr
64GB wouldn't work for me because my CD collection takes up 82GB. Add to that the digital music that I bought and my music collection is more than 90GB. :-)

(18-05-2015, 05:31 AM)bartron Wrote: 64GB wouldn't work for me because my CD collection takes up 82GB. Add to that the digital music that I bought and my music collection is more than 90GB. :-)

Dang! You really need all of that with you all the time? LOL

For those that can, I agree 64GB is a good blend of cost vs size. I only bought a U3 32GB for this because I wasn't sure I'd keep it.
I'll probably go to 64GB now and put this in my GPS for maps.
I definitely agree about taking a chance on losing too much. That's why we carry a bunch of 8 and 16 cards with the cameras and change out all the time.
Though life expectancy is longer, I replaced my mircoSD cards every two to three years. Don't take a chance.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
64GB cards definitely offer more bang for the buck.

I mitigate the risk of losing data on the card by simply using it to store data that's already on my laptop. I rarely switch phones, so I don't need to use the media card to carry all my data from one phone to another.

Storing only some of my music on my card is not an option.

One of the indirect drawbacks of a 128GB card is that by storing more music on your card, it will take longer for music player apps to scan your music after you've inserted the card.

[-] The following 1 user Likes bartron's post:
  • sethr
I have a real fear of too much card swapping in the Passport. I sent my first one back because it had a bent SIM/SD cover right out of the box.
Good information. I think a 64GB is the best bet for me, and ONLY ScanDisk and ONLY from Amazon or some place reputable.
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook