Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Browser Tab Is Autoplaying A Video ?
If you have multiple tabs open in your browser, and one of them starts automatically playing a video (e.g. an ad), then just press one of the phone's volume buttons, and BB10 will display a banner with the name of the site that's playing the video as well as the title of the video and a Pause button (see attached photo).

If you want to stop playing the video, you can either press the Pause button in the banner, or press the phone's Mute button (between the two volume buttons) -- pressing the Mute button will actually pause the video, and not just mute it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 3 users Like bartron's post:
  • DickLewis13, MissoulaMarinerFan, veeru789
Interesting, very seldom watch videos on my Z30, but great tip.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
[-] The following 1 user Likes DickLewis13's post:
  • bartron
Wow! Great advice Bartron! I tend to have a lot of pages open. Will click links in Twitter and let them sit in my browser until I have time to read. I often find videos popping up I wasn't expecting. Lol

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brad's post:
  • bartron
This tip occurred to me when I was loading a Bloomberg page in the background, and it started playing a video. :-)
It's funny These videos in back ground are usually from those financial sites.
(03-05-2015, 01:20 AM)veeru789 Wrote: It's funny These videos in back ground are usually from those financial sites.

In general, it's usually TV news sites. At least here in Canada and the US it's like that.
^yup. Those are the culprits. Never understood why they design the site like that. May be they assume everyone is on iPhone and the browser can't multi task.
[-] The following 1 user Likes veeru789's post:
  • bartron
Ha ! That's true. I didn't think of that.
I wish there was a feature like that on my desktop - I have 30 tabs open at once and if one starts playing audio good luck finding the culprit.....
(14-05-2015, 04:57 PM)BlackJack Wrote: I wish there was a feature like that on my desktop - I have 30 tabs open at once and if one starts playing audio good luck finding the culprit.....

This is exactly why I feel no other OS (desktop or Mobile) pays attention to detail like BB10 does in its current state.