Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Z10 --The little phone that was...
The Z10 is alive and well. I preach in a country church outside of Bowling Green, KY. The average worship attendance in the church is 82. Out of the 82 that regularly attend, there are three of us with Z10's. Most everyone else has iPhones and there are a few Androids around. When I think back to when I started at the church 17 years ago (the church ran 26 in attendance), I was the only person with a smartphone. Then a couple of people got them. Now when I refer to a scripture passage, I see people using a Bible app on their phone, instead of a physical Bible.

The three of us with Z10's are slowly wowing those with the iPhones with our functionality and capabilities. The problem is this: They use Bluegrass Cellular in that area which gives great coverage out in the country and at Barren River Lake. Bluegrass doesn't offer one BlackBerry. You can get Android, and you can get iOS, but not BB10 goodness. You can't even get BBOS. Let's just hope ATT and Verizon up their coverage game in the area, then you will begin to see the rise of BlackBerry.
My wife is mad because my black Z10 is the first and the last thing I touch after waking up and before sleeping. Lol. She also uses a Z10, a white one, and really loves it. And she asked for a Z10 herself when her 9700 screen broke (fell). Not Android. Not iphone. She got her Z10 even before me! Well, I did show her the first 1-2 JC's Why I Hate BlackBerry videos though.. although iphone was never ever her option because.. you know.
(08-06-2014, 03:07 AM)newcollector Wrote: The Z10 is alive and well. I preach in a country church outside of Bowling Green, KY. The average worship attendance in the church is 82. Out of the 82 that regularly attend, there are three of us with Z10's. Most everyone else has iPhones and there are a few Androids around. When I think back to when I started at the church 17 years ago (the church ran 26 in attendance), I was the only person with a smartphone. Then a couple of people got them. Now when I refer to a scripture passage, I see people using a Bible app on their phone, instead of a physical Bible.

The three of us with Z10's are slowly wowing those with the iPhones with our functionality and capabilities. The problem is this: They use Bluegrass Cellular in that area which gives great coverage out in the country and at Barren River Lake. Bluegrass doesn't offer one BlackBerry. You can get Android, and you can get iOS, but not BB10 goodness. You can't even get BBOS. Let's just hope ATT and Verizon up their coverage game in the area, then you will begin to see the rise of BlackBerry.

So we could say you're slowly converting them..... :D
"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!"