Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using NFC on BlackBerry phones
(18-04-2015, 02:43 AM)james pisano Wrote: Robert - how would you use it to pair Bluetooth devices? I have a BlackBerry keyboard and BlackBerry mini bluetooth speaker that I'm using with two BB10 phones and it's a pain to get them to pair sometimes because they want to pair with the last phone they were paired with before.

For example, I use the mini speaker with my Q10 to watch a YouTube video and later, want to use it with my Z30 to drive music on my stereo. When I go to make a connection with my Z30, the speaker wants to pair with the Q10...

Would NFC somehow help this?

It works with devices that are compatible with the feature. For example, I bought some Bluetooth earphones not too long ago. When I went to pair I just tapped them against my phone and it paired. The earphones did have NFC pairing though. I have also paired Bluetooth with other phones just by tapping mine against theirs during the search sequence. I had an S5 user go "wow that's f***ing cool"
"Encryption is the defense against the dark arts in the digital realm" - Edward Snowden
[-] The following 1 user Likes Robert's post:
  • james pisano
Hmm. I will remember that and keep an eye out for it! That IS a cool feature!
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
(13-04-2015, 11:01 PM)DickLewis13 Wrote: It seems not many are familiar with NFC, yet there are complaints if a model doesn't have it.
Rather than get long winded, here is a great explanation from a BlackBerry blog.
Hope it helps.

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2013/08/h...martphone/

Does anyone know of a definitive guide to programming the NFC chips?

I only want to do a "wfi off/ BT on" in my car, and the reverse in my house.
(27-04-2015, 02:17 AM)sethr Wrote: Does anyone know of a definitive guide to programming the NFC chips?

I only want to do a "wfi off/ BT on" in my car, and the reverse in my house.

Look for NFC tags to help you with this. You can program settings each and all you do is tap it with your device to activate depending on how they're configured. They're really cheap and very convenient.
"Encryption is the defense against the dark arts in the digital realm" - Edward Snowden
NFC tags can be bought on Amazon and are quite cheap. Have a bunch of them. Used to use them when I had the 9900. Had one in the car, one for wifi and bedside mode at home and office.
(01-05-2015, 02:41 PM)veeru789 Wrote: NFC tags can be bought on Amazon and are quite cheap. Have a bunch of them. Used to use them when I had the 9900. Had one in the car, one for wifi and bedside mode at home and office.

Thanks.  It wasn't this easy on the 9900.  I made two chips--for the car and front door--WiFi off/BT on--and vice versa.  Great.

SUPPOSEDLY, you can create a short text on a chip to send when you tap it.  I just want to do an "I am home" to someone.  That is not working yet.
It was pretty straight forward on 9900. I used them a lot.
Sending a message was possible if I remember correctly. But it's been some time.