Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New BlackBerry all touch
I haven't seen any adapters on Nano to Micro. But I am sure someone has thought of it and trying to make it work.
Yes there is such a thing as sim adapter. While I was transitioning between Z30 and Passport I purchase them from either Ebay or Amazon. They are very affordable.ie=UTF8&qid=1429216617&sr=8-1&keywords=sim+adapter+kit
I bet if you check out Ebay it might be 99 cents with free shipping but probably take a month to arrive.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Nano-SIM-Card-to-...25937c980a
Playbook>Bold 9900>Z10>Z30>Passport.
(14-04-2015, 08:59 PM)iamivanwilliams Wrote: For the length of time I've been using the Passport, I've noticed more and more that I type much slower on a physical keyboard, versus virtual.
Maybe that’s another reason I’m opting for the full screen touch (not a slider).

I suppose, it doesn’t help that I go back and forth with my iPhone 6 Plus. Now, if the Z30 had a nano SIM, I simply wouldn’t bother with wanting BlackBerry to create another full touch screen device. Well, there'd be no 'rush'...

Ivan - I swap my SIM in and out of a Q10 and Z30, although, my GoTo is the Q10. I have always been better and enjoyed far more, the PKB. I find I want to type on the VKB the same way and recently realized you can't. On the PKB, you just look at the text you type and never at the keyboard, much the same as a PC keyboard. With the VKB, you have to use the auotmatic features and glance from the text to they keyboard and back.

Here's my question; I've noticed it takes time to get used to the PKB again, after using the Z30 for a while. Like maybe a day or something for my muscle memory to return to full speed. Could this be what you were experiencing regarding being slower on a PKB?
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
I do know this, it is much easier to flick the words on the Z10 than it is on the Passport. I keep forgetting to look up for the word suggestions. I am used to seeing them show up on the keyboard. However, my accuracy with a physical keyboard far outshines what that of a VKB. At least for me.
(17-04-2015, 10:19 PM)james pisano Wrote: Ivan - I swap my SIM in and out of a Q10 and Z30, although, my GoTo is the Q10. I have always been better and enjoyed far more, the PKB. I find I want to type on the VKB the same way and recently realized you can't. On the PKB, you just look at the text you type and never at the keyboard, much the same as a PC keyboard. With the VKB, you have to use the auotmatic features and glance from the text to they keyboard and back.

Here's my question; I've noticed it takes time to get used to the PKB again, after using the Z30 for a while. Like maybe a day or something for my muscle memory to return to full speed. Could this be what you were experiencing regarding being slower on a PKB?

...you may be onto something here. I typically swap back and forth between my Passport and iPhone 6 Plus, almost daily. But, for the past 48 hours +, I've only been using my Passport. I can certainly agree, typing seems to be getting easier, and quicker. Now, come Monday, that might all be different. LOL
(13-04-2015, 05:51 AM)iamivanwilliams Wrote: I'd like an all touch BlackBerry with the power of a BlackBerry Passport.
Sort of like a Z30 size, with the processor etc. of a Passport.

Can someone (Chen) makes this happen?

Kplsthx
I've been saying this since I got my Passport on launch day
(14-04-2015, 08:59 PM)iamivanwilliams Wrote: For the length of time I've been using the Passport, I've noticed more and more that I type much slower on a physical keyboard, versus virtual.
Maybe that’s another reason I’m opting for the full screen touch (not a slider).

I suppose, it doesn’t help that I go back and forth with my iPhone 6 Plus. Now, if the Z30 had a nano SIM, I simply wouldn’t bother with wanting BlackBerry to create another full touch screen device. Well, there'd be no 'rush'...
Haven't you bent that thing yet? Lmao!
(17-04-2015, 04:38 AM)newcollector Wrote: I haven't seen any adapters on Nano to Micro. But I am sure someone has thought of it and trying to make it work.
I use an adapter to switch between my Passport and Z30 often
Hope you can contribute more quality posts to this page