Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBM Channels feature request
I know channels is still a young platform, yet quite addictive. But there's always room for new features. what features do you like to see Channels to add. list them here.

I'd start with:
1. Small video uploads or embedded YouTube links
2. Revised time line like the feeds section
3. Double tap to like
4. sharing channel posts as web links
5. editing comments and replys

Please keep the topic on new features and not bug fixes. Sorry if there's already thread like this.
[-] The following 8 users Like veeru789's post:
  • bartron, Brad, emstardeluxe, fishlove73, HYMAN, mscloutier, sikaa PRIVer, Trev
Great topic! And I think you nailed it for me. Embedded vids. Double tap to like, hadn't even thought of that, but I want it. Definitely a way to share posts to non-channel users. That would be the best way to get them using.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
Right now you can still share channel posts via BBM. but users will need to have a BBM account and Channels set up. if something like twitter or FB web can be done with channels, it would be great.
[-] The following 1 user Likes veeru789's post:
  • mscloutier
Yes video would be a first on my list also.
I would also like to see browser invocation frame work implemented for channels. The same way Blaq does for web links. instead of opening the browser for reading a link, it would be great to see it in the BBM app itself.

When I submitted this feedback at the betazone forums, someone from BB suggested that it could not be implemented coz iOS (And if im not wrong Android too) doesn't support invocation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes veeru789's post:
  • fishlove73
one more to the list....option to tag subs in comments. But wonder how they can achieve it. via pin? that wouldn't be secured. maybe via user name? that case how to tag people who have symbols like unbidter does.
(13-03-2015, 01:48 PM)veeru789 Wrote: one more to the list....option to tag subs in comments. But wonder how they can achieve it. via pin? that wouldn't be secured. maybe via user name? that case how to tag people who have symbols like unbidter does.

Might go against the privacy paradigm they have going with channels. However isn't the purpose of tagging someone in a post so that they'll see it? So really, isn't sharing a channel post accomplishing the same thing?

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
(14-03-2015, 11:15 AM)emstardeluxe Wrote: Might go against the privacy paradigm they have going with channels. However isn't the purpose of tagging someone in a post so that they'll see it? So really, isn't sharing a channel post accomplishing the same thing?

Let's say I want to reply to someone else's comment and tag a friend of mine. That's different from sharing a post. But you are right about security.
(14-03-2015, 12:49 PM)veeru789 Wrote: Let's say I want to reply to someone else's comment and tag a friend of mine. That's different from sharing a post. But you are right about security.

I see what you mean. I guess that's two steps then, comment, then share. But it protects your friend from being in the comments. That's why channels is probably better for...ahem...questionable content, lol

[-] The following 1 user Likes emstardeluxe's post:
  • veeru789
(14-03-2015, 01:26 PM)emstardeluxe Wrote: I see what you mean. I guess that's two steps then, comment, then share. But it protects your friend from being in the comments. That's why channels is probably better for...ahem...questionable content, lol

Agree.