Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Have To Fight Sales Reps To Buy A BlackBerry?
Gotta be honest, the last time I was phone-shopping, the manager at the local at&t store was extremely knowledgeable and positive on the Z10. This is back when it was first being introduced in the US, and he'd been using it for about 6 months. He didn't have anything bad to say about it, and when he knew that's what I was in there for, he didn't try to push anything else on me. Needless to say I was very pleasantly surprised. God knows what I'd find if I were buying today.
Ed

BB user and damn proud of it.
Care to give a location for that store?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
So let me share my recent experience of "attempting " to view a Z30 with the intention of upgrading from a Z10.

So I had a call from Vodafone letting me know I was ready for a early upgrade, I currently have a Z10 and Q10 on contract ( Q10 is the wife's phone) now I'm eager to upgrade to the Z30 but my wife wanted to see the phone.

So off we went to have a look in the local phone shops.

I went into Phones 4 you first, no z30 on display or in store, next was EE again no Z30 in store, following that was the O2 store again no Z30.
They did have the Q10 and Z10 though I think.
But when asked about the Z30 the O2 sales assistant told me "they don't stock it, and if they don't have it then it ain't worth having"

Ok at this point me and my wife had to leave promptly as I just about had enough of searching for what seems like the holy grail.

On next to the 3 store, and yes you guessed it they don't carry the Z30 at all.

I finally managed to get my hands on one in the Carphone Warehouse but it was the only one they had and was a shop copy ......but to fair to them they did complement how good it was.

Now my issue with all off this is, why is it so difficult to get what is one of the flagship phones for BlackBerry, it's a akin to a conspiracy to stop people moving to a BlackBerry.

For those in the know it's not a huge problem, as I'll just upgrade via Vodafone who have offered a very sweet deal ( I'll discuss that elsewhere in the forum), but for someone looking for a change from there current device to land a BB10 device it's a struggle.
“Not all those who wander are lost.”

http://www.enucleus.net
I'm lucky. At my VZW they already know when I walk in not to argue with me over choosing a BlackBerry. Maybe it's because I caused a scene once...

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes pili4's post:
  •
I have a guy at my local ATT, but last time I went in, he was busy and there was a waiting list. So I just got next person in line. As I was going through my ordeal, he just kept laughing and mouthing 'I'm sorry' from across the sales floor. :))

Well as an update to my post, I just upgraded my lines with Vodafone......courier to deliver tomorrow 2 white Z30s, one for me and the other for the wife :)

(08-03-2014, 02:37 AM)aka Fusion Wrote: Well as an update to my post, I just upgraded my lines with Vodafone......courier to deliver tomorrow 2 white Z30s, one for me and the other for the wife :)

Congrats!! I expect a first impressions post ASAP. :D
I'm interested in a brief review as well. Oh and...congratulations.

"Encryption is the defense against the dark arts in the digital realm" - Edward Snowden
Yep I will do ASAP :)

This is our local business phone shop. They install business phone systems, VoIP, cabling, etc.

Look, upper left hand corner!   :-D
•   Ahoy, Privateers...! :-)   •