Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Have To Fight Sales Reps To Buy A BlackBerry?
(23-02-2014, 03:31 PM)MePiikan LzBolaz Wrote: [quote='BungaDude' pid='130' dateline='1393118101']
Well here is my recent episode!

My wife has the iPhone 5 and to be honest she doesn't like it. She loves my z10 and especially my z30 becuase of EVERYTHING it can do. What makes her mad is that all the stuff that she normally uses apps for, My Z's have it built in the OS. Every time she wants pictures to come out really nice she will tell me to take them with the z30 better they come out a lot nicer.

I have even set up a spare z10 for her but have to find a way to use the Mini SIM card from her iPhone on it. She wants to try it out to see if she switches to BlackBerry.

We are at a crossroads where my daughter is ready for a more capable phone. The question is: do we pass on my wife's iPhone to her (which will make me happy,) and get my wife a BB (which will make us both happy.) She is sold, but my daughter wants an iPhone 5 instead of Mom's 4.

At the end of the day, I pay for all of them. Therefore, kidlet gets Mom's iPhone 4 and Mom comes back to BB. :D
(23-02-2014, 04:04 PM)Sarek Wrote:
(23-02-2014, 03:31 PM)MePiikan LzBolaz Wrote: [quote='BungaDude' pid='130' dateline='1393118101']
Well here is my recent episode!

My wife has the iPhone 5 and to be honest she doesn't like it. She loves my z10 and especially my z30 becuase of EVERYTHING it can do. What makes her mad is that all the stuff that she normally uses apps for, My Z's have it built in the OS. Every time she wants pictures to come out really nice she will tell me to take them with the z30 better they come out a lot nicer.

I have even set up a spare z10 for her but have to find a way to use the Mini SIM card from her iPhone on it. She wants to try it out to see if she switches to BlackBerry.

We are at a crossroads where my daughter is ready for a more capable phone. The question is: do we pass on my wife's iPhone to her (which will make me happy,) and get my wife a BB (which will make us both happy.) She is sold, but my daughter wants an iPhone 5 instead of Mom's 4.

At the end of the day, I pay for all of them. Therefore, kidlet gets Mom's iPhone 4 and Mom comes back to BB. :D

My son had Android and when I got my wife her iPhone 5 he would use it a little too much so I figured I'd get him a new phone for Christmas. He had always been watching what my z10 could do with all the leaks and the z30 really impressed him. I can proudly say that I have a 14 year old that is extremely happy with his BlackBerry z10 and never went back to his Samsung or used up my wife's iPhone since.
[/quote]

My son had Android and when I got my wife her iPhone 5 he would use it a little too much so I figured I'd get him a new phone for Christmas. He had always been watching what my z10 could do with all the leaks and the z30 really impressed him. I can proudly say that I have a 14 year old that is extremely happy with his BlackBerry z10 and never went back to his Samsung or used up my wife's iPhone since.
[/quote]

I will be going to Telus tomorrow to make arrangements. Ideally, we're all BB10 users at the end of the day. When asked, my oldest says that she wants an iPhone because everyone else has one.

I will remind her how much she wants to be her own person, and having access to 2 app ecosystems will be a plus. #IChooseBlackBerry10
(23-02-2014, 03:31 PM)MePiikan LzBolaz Wrote:
(23-02-2014, 11:15 AM)BungaDude Wrote: Well here is my recent episode!

Last Monday I went to a Future Shop to buy another Z30 outright. I bought one there just before Christmas for a great deal so I brought along my receipt and asked if they would price match it.

Well they soon had the Floor Manager, Cell Shop Manager and 2 clerks there in a buzz.

The clerk said "No". That "the last one must have been a special promotion for that price". To which I replied "No, it wasn't. The Manager gave me that price" I added "This will be the 4th Z30 I buy from your store".

The Floor Manager asked "Why so many?" I replied "I have a spouse and 3 daughters".

THEN the f**ker had the nerve to say "Why not iPhones?" I said "What?"

He then proceeded to say "BlackBerry is going out of business." I said "No you are wrong. That is not true". He then said "Well, they tried to sell themselves and nobody would buy them so they are dead."

I said "Bulls**t. You don't know what you are talking about. I own ***** + shares and I can assure you they are not dead!"

In the meantime the Cell Shop Manager had punched the code into the computer then called someone on his cell phone (I assume it was the Store Manager). He grabbed the phone and said "OK".

I thanked him and paid for the phone and left with a new Z30 $150 off sticker price.

So I have now have first hand experience of this and it blows my mind how brainwashed they are. But I understand because Apple got into the school systems in grade school and have bread their farm teams.

Strange how they know about BlackBerry being put on the market last year but yet they play dumb or probably have no idea of what's going on today. I just don't understand the whole iPhone thing.

you can just slide the nano sim into the normal spot making sure to line up the contacts, some people use a sim adapter

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
(23-02-2014, 03:31 PM)MePiikan LzBolaz Wrote: Strange how they know about BlackBerry being put on the market last year but yet they play dumb or probably have no idea of what's going on today. I just don't understand the whole iPhone thing.

Buddy of mine at work has a iPhone 4s. He wanted to try BB10 because he hears me yakking about it. We're both on the same carrier Telus. I merely hauled his SIM out of the 4S and stuck it in the Z10, loaded his office 365 email and done in 5 minutes.
Is the iPhone 5 SIM different?
Logic dictates, but reason rules... DM

Farts are just the ghosts of the things we eat...
BlackBerry with BB10 in my opinion has not only caught up to the competitors but in many ways has surpassed them. Now the unrelenting media bias and idiocy of these sales reps are becoming the biggest and toughest hurdles in their quest to making a comeback.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
then you have RB on another forum, supposedly a fansite, trying to sell everybody on iBomb...in reality THATS the dying platform, it's so stale it's growing green fuzz

These sales trolls are going to be the toughest battle for BlackBerry. At the rate I am seeing these types of terrible purchase experience, I am concerned that BlackBerry may be forced out of the consumer market by them. Carriers may gradually stop carrying devices if these sales douches keep pushing people away. Yes I realize there is direct sales from BlackBerry option but the vast majority of customers will not purchase that way thus hindering the comeback and growth of the bb10 platform.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
we need to take control as much as we can and complain to these companies by phone or out them on twitter

Hi all, I am closing this thread, as we have a new forum dedicated to this now. I want to invite you all to take your posts here, add the further identifying information, and add them to what will hopefully become a source of information for future shoppers.

Please head on over here: http://utbblogs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=30

Thank you.