Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Have To Fight Sales Reps To Buy A BlackBerry?
Tell us your in store experience when buying your BlackBerry. Was it quick and easy? Or did you go through the inquisition to get yours? I wrote entirely too much about my experience on the blog, now I want to hear yours.
I made a call to The Source to try and get a Z30, after finally getting the manager, who was out filling her face or something, I was told all her Z30s had been recalled because they didn’t sell and that she couldn't get more because BlackBerry was leaving the consumer market

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
When I went to get a Z10 for my son's birthday last August, the sales twit actually said, and I quote "Most people want a smartphone".
My immediate thought was to tell him that most customers want a smart rep. I bit my tongue though and educated the poor slob. My son loves his Z10.
:>)
Logic dictates, but reason rules... DM

Farts are just the ghosts of the things we eat...
Yep, we wanna hear your experiences, good or bad, but we want them all in one place!
Well here is my recent episode!

Last Monday I went to a Future Shop to buy another Z30 outright. I bought one there just before Christmas for a great deal so I brought along my receipt and asked if they would price match it.

Well they soon had the Floor Manager, Cell Shop Manager and 2 clerks there in a buzz.

The clerk said "No". That "the last one must have been a special promotion for that price". To which I replied "No, it wasn't. The Manager gave me that price" I added "This will be the 4th Z30 I buy from your store".

The Floor Manager asked "Why so many?" I replied "I have a spouse and 3 daughters".

THEN the f**ker had the nerve to say "Why not iPhones?" I said "What?"

He then proceeded to say "BlackBerry is going out of business." I said "No you are wrong. That is not true". He then said "Well, they tried to sell themselves and nobody would buy them so they are dead."

I said "Bulls**t. You don't know what you are talking about. I own ***** + shares and I can assure you they are not dead!"

In the meantime the Cell Shop Manager had punched the code into the computer then called someone on his cell phone (I assume it was the Store Manager). He grabbed the phone and said "OK".

I thanked him and paid for the phone and left with a new Z30 $150 off sticker price.

So I have now have first hand experience of this and it blows my mind how brainwashed they are. But I understand because Apple got into the school systems in grade school and have bread their farm teams.
My Lord bungadude... what a bunch of knobs.
Logic dictates, but reason rules... DM

Farts are just the ghosts of the things we eat...
(23-02-2014, 11:42 AM)Canuckvoip Wrote: My Lord bungadude... what a bunch of knobs.

The phone sales world is full of then!

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
I was pleasantly surprised this week when I was arranging for new internet service and heard a rep tell a customer that they actually sell a lot of BlackBerry devices. They even had a full 'desk' of BB devices with info displays about them. Nice to see for a change.

I generally go the route of ordering my BBs online now just to avoid the hassle of dealing with reps given incentives to sell other devices. My service provider doesn't complain when I click "Buy Now" on its website...
(23-02-2014, 11:45 AM)BungaDude Wrote:
(23-02-2014, 11:42 AM)Canuckvoip Wrote: My Lord bungadude... what a bunch of knobs.

The phone sales world is full of then!

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

Yes, yes they are. We need more stories. I remember Biggly trying to perform an experiment and getting beat down for it somewhere else. Well, if we all add our stories, good or bad, we can find the real results right?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
(23-02-2014, 11:15 AM)BungaDude Wrote: Well here is my recent episode!

Last Monday I went to a Future Shop to buy another Z30 outright. I bought one there just before Christmas for a great deal so I brought along my receipt and asked if they would price match it.

Well they soon had the Floor Manager, Cell Shop Manager and 2 clerks there in a buzz.

The clerk said "No". That "the last one must have been a special promotion for that price". To which I replied "No, it wasn't. The Manager gave me that price" I added "This will be the 4th Z30 I buy from your store".

The Floor Manager asked "Why so many?" I replied "I have a spouse and 3 daughters".

THEN the f**ker had the nerve to say "Why not iPhones?" I said "What?"

He then proceeded to say "BlackBerry is going out of business." I said "No you are wrong. That is not true". He then said "Well, they tried to sell themselves and nobody would buy them so they are dead."

I said "Bulls**t. You don't know what you are talking about. I own ***** + shares and I can assure you they are not dead!"

In the meantime the Cell Shop Manager had punched the code into the computer then called someone on his cell phone (I assume it was the Store Manager). He grabbed the phone and said "OK".

I thanked him and paid for the phone and left with a new Z30 $150 off sticker price.

So I have now have first hand experience of this and it blows my mind how brainwashed they are. But I understand because Apple got into the school systems in grade school and have bread their farm teams.

Strange how they know about BlackBerry being put on the market last year but yet they play dumb or probably have no idea of what's going on today. I just don't understand the whole iPhone thing.

My wife has the iPhone 5 and to be honest she doesn't like it. She loves my z10 and especially my z30 becuase of EVERYTHING it can do. What makes her mad is that all the stuff that she normally uses apps for, My Z's have it built in the OS. Every time she wants pictures to come out really nice she will tell me to take them with the z30 better they come out a lot nicer.

I have even set up a spare z10 for her but have to find a way to use the Mini SIM card from her iPhone on it. She wants to try it out to see if she switches to BlackBerry.