Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peoples expectations on devices esp blackberry are ridiculous
(04-03-2015, 02:10 AM)ray689 Wrote: Average consumers don't know anything about specs. This is a notion perpetuated by the "professional" tech blogs who have made this the measuring stick now over productivity and efficiency. All the specs in the world aren't going to fix a stale and old OS that has reached it max potential as some of the others have.

Yeah, "professional" in the loosest possible use of the term. Specs are definitely sexy, but does the phone do what you want it to? That's the question people should be asking.
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
(05-04-2015, 02:58 AM)newcollector Wrote: What people forget is the carrier discount. If you are on a two year contract with ATT, I think you can get the Passport for $199. That is a $649 phone for a steal (they do get it back in the contract fees, I know). So imagine how inexpensive the Leap will be.

I am not surprised on the "expectations" of consumers. People can demand everything for nothing. I see it all the time where I work. What is funny, those are the very same people that you cannot satisfy. They want everything exactly how they want it for nothing and then gripe and whine no matter what you do.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

Newcollector I don't know where you work, but I have seen these people when I worked in retail hospitality, and you're right. They want something for nothing and then when/if they get it, they are still unhappy. They're a total waste of time and resources cause even if somehow you jump through all the hoops for them, they'll never refer anyone to you anyway. I mean, they'll never talk highly of you or be happy with you.
[-] The following 2 users Like james pisano's post:
  • newcollector, Zensen
.....on the other hand, they'll put up with an iPhone that can't even hold on to a call or WiFi signal
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nnik's post:
  • james pisano
(07-04-2015, 09:31 AM)james pisano Wrote: Newcollector I don't know where you work, but I have seen these people when I worked in retail hospitality, and you're right. They want something for nothing and then when/if they get it, they are still unhappy. They're a total waste of time and resources cause even if somehow you jump through all the hoops for them, they'll never refer anyone to you anyway. I mean, they'll never talk highly of you or be happy with you.

Believe it or not, but I work at a funeral home. Some people come in with a sense of entitlement. As a family owned funeral home, we do our very best to give the best value and service for the money that is spent. But there are people who come in with plenty of money for new cars, or drugs, and the party life, but strangely never have insurance or ever think that they are going to die. We work with them trying to help them. If we give them a nice 20 gauge steel casket, they want a stainless steel for the same price. We will discount some things and cut our profit that enables us to stay in business, but they want all the bells and whistles too. Crazy! And for some people it is a clear indication of what is wrong in parts of our society.

Even after bending over backwards to accomadate, all they can do is gripe that it wasn't good enough. Now this is not most people. It is a few. A small segment of the "entitled" but they are loud, obnoxious, and often ungrateful.
[-] The following 1 user Likes newcollector's post:
  • james pisano
Sounds like an ex-wife. Obnoxious customers is why I got out of sales and when back to driving truck.
Still some customers were a pain, but nothing like trying to deal with the general public.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
(07-04-2015, 09:50 PM)newcollector Wrote: Believe it or not, but I work at a funeral home. Some people come in with a sense of entitlement. As a family owned funeral home, we do our very best to give the best value and service for the money that is spent. But there are people who come in with plenty of money for new cars, or drugs, and the party life, but strangely never have insurance or ever think that they are going to die. We work with them trying to help them. If we give them a nice 20 gauge steel casket, they want a stainless steel for the same price. We will discount some things and cut our profit that enables us to stay in business, but they want all the bells and whistles too. Crazy! And for some people it is a clear indication of what is wrong in parts of our society.

Even after bending over backwards to accomadate, all they can do is gripe that it wasn't good enough. Now this is not most people. It is a few. A small segment of the "entitled" but they are loud, obnoxious, and often ungrateful.

That is a very interesting business. I had a friend in that business. No doubt, you want to help them any way you can since you feel bad for their loss. Still, these people will not appreciate it. Entitlement is such an ugly personality trait. You would do so much for someone when they show appreciation- gladly and joyfully help them. But when they expect it, it's such a turn off.
[-] The following 1 user Likes james pisano's post:
  • newcollector