Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BlackBerry sightings!
The tv show "Scandal." The vice president Cyrus Bean rocks a Bold 9900/9930.
Sweet.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
(02-03-2015, 12:37 PM)MissoulaMarinerFan Wrote: The tv show "Scandal." The vice president Cyrus Bean rocks a Bold 9900/9930.

He sounds British...'Are you Cyrus old Bean?'
#BBisAwesomeGate
9800>9900>Q10>Passport>Priv all alongside my trusty PlayBook
I missed this discussion. It's kind of a breath of fresh air to see an old bold on a show because I gotta tell you that the product placement by apple in an awful lot of shows is wretch worthy. The most disturbing part is when they work them into the scene instead of being passive like for example having to show somebody something on their phone. It is really irritating in shows of the crime drama ilk where a plot is being built and the phone nonsense is distracting and interrupts the flow of the show. Worst offender so far is Modern Family hands down. Pretty much quit watching it now because the humour in the show was well done until they had to start pushing iPhones and wrecked the flow of the show with inexplicable appearances of the phone. HBO and BBC have been relatively clean but have seen bits on there recently. It's like the writers think it's hip or cool or something but just as in real life cellphones are not always appropriate. Don't get me started lol.
(06-03-2015, 01:29 PM)rayj Wrote: I missed this discussion. It's kind of a breath of fresh air to see an old bold on a show because I gotta tell you that the product placement by apple in an awful lot of shows is wretch worthy. The most disturbing part is when they work them into the scene instead of being passive like for example having to show somebody something on their phone. It is really irritating in shows of the crime drama ilk where a plot is being built and the phone nonsense is distracting and interrupts the flow of the show. Worst offender so far is Modern Family hands down. Pretty much quit watching it now because the humour in the show was well done until they had to start pushing iPhones and wrecked the flow of the show with inexplicable appearances of the phone. HBO and BBC have been relatively clean but have seen bits on there recently. It's like the writers think it's hip or cool or something but just as in real life cellphones are not always appropriate. Don't get me started lol.

Yes I agree with this. I didn't watch the Modern Family episode and don't plan on it but I'm told it was done with facetime. Great but they could have used BBM meetings and had everyone in the show on a call at the same time.
(07-03-2015, 03:13 AM)ray689 Wrote: Yes I agree with this. I didn't watch the Modern Family episode and don't plan on it but I'm told it was done with facetime. Great but they could have used BBM meetings and had everyone in the show on a call at the same time.

Lmao!! True!

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
I did watch that episode of Modern Family. It was a very well done and funny. Would I prefer the show use BBM? For sure. But that's just unrealistic consider the market the show is cater to. I think it would be silly to avoid watching any shows that feature Apple products. The exclusion will render someone live in a cave like a taliban in Afghanistan.
Playbook>Bold 9900>Z10>Z30>Passport.
(09-03-2015, 06:52 AM)bambinoitaliano Wrote: I did watch that episode of Modern Family. It was a very well done and funny. Would I prefer the show use BBM? For sure. But that's just unrealistic consider the market the show is cater to. I think it would be silly to avoid watching any shows that feature Apple products. The exclusion will render someone live in a cave like a taliban in Afghanistan.

I couldn't disagree more. It isn't every show on TV that does in your face product placement. It has happened before and will happen again but that doesn't mean that it should be supported. I've heard this live in a cave thing before but there is still some high quality programming out there. I wasn't necessarily talking about the episode created using an iPhone but rather many other recent episodes. Product placement doesn't belong there. Never has. It would be the same if blackberry, samsung or ms did it. I kinda like that when you see a blackberry on a show it is mostly used for moving the plot and nine times out of ten it's an old bold. The use of products as props has to remain on passive or it will scuttle many more shows. I have seen shows where they parody product placement in an episode and there was a good reason for it.
Get used to it, if you see a product in a show, they paid big bucks. If generic resembling a product, likely paid nothing. I'm guessing it will only get worse.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
[-] The following 1 user Likes DickLewis13's post:
  • bambinoitaliano
Product placement is part of the reality on movies and television shows. Most of the time we don't even realize unless we consciously seeking out the products. If producers intentionally use a fake brand product, it stands out more on the screen not in a good way. I know certain shows intent to make money out of product placement like car racer's uniform. Most of the shows wanted realism, there's a need to use a real brand product rather than faking it.
Playbook>Bold 9900>Z10>Z30>Passport.