Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why I'm liking UTB
K. Here's my lighthearted rant. I like UTB so far for three reasons: 1) no trolls, 2) not a lot of "noise," and 3) the novelty.

1) I know my Z10 isn't perfect. I know why I bought it and why it's perfect for me. I don't need someone pointing out flaws with my phone/OS when I didn't ask. I like that I don't encounter fans of another platform on this site. Even if someone pointed out something to me, it wouldn't make me buy a different platform. It's a total waste of time. Anyway, invariably trolls are just trying to make themselves feel better by putting down the user of another platform. They're trying to enjoy being associated with a "superior" product, they're not really trying to edify anyone.

2) Where's all the noise? All the repetitive questions and blatant ignoring of an OP's or article author's comments? How refreshing. We'll see how long this lasts...probably unavoidable and just a function of size.

3) it's always fun to be involved in the beginning of an endeavor. There's adventure and promise. Good stuff. The contributors are seasoned BB user/fans who have a refreshingly positive spin on the news. Remember, the vast majority of the time, the glass is half full or half empty, it's much harder to report on the exact volume in the glass.

Good luck UTB!
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
[-] The following 1 user Likes james pisano's post:
  • veeru789
Logic never seems to escape you James. Very well put. I look forward to more of your refreshing perspective.
I'm REALLY liking UTB as well. Especially the forums. I've been a member for about a day now and I'm hooked. Lol.

And I agree with you. The people here just make it awesome. It's refreshing. Glad you're liking it here James :-h
"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!"
So here's another reason; lack of brain damage! A friend recently pointed me to yet another iteration of a recurring thread on another forum, where the OP complains about the new way of answering calls on 10.2, i.e. slide the button to the side rather than slide the bar down.

The same members (ironic use of the word), post the same comments they have on multiple occasions and make the same, mundane, uninspired points. BB doesn't listen, that's why they're going out of business, it hurts my finger to answer the phone now, it's just like Android, I'm not answering calls until they change it, etc., etc.

It's really brain damage for the people who go around the forums looking to offer advice (not me yet) cause they see the same stupid stuff over and over. One guy implored me not to add a comment cause it would "wake up" that thread. I desperately wanted to cause the thread was so comical, but didn't have the heart.

Anyway, no brain damage on UTB...
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
Sounds like a new slogan!

UTB! We won't damage your brain! (on purpose anyway)
"I'm not answering calls until they change it" lmao!!!
"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!"
No brain damage on UTB... lmao luv that!
Some people just don't like change...
I'm brand new here :) but I like it here cause it's not like the other sites where members bash other members and then when you or someone sticks up for you, MODS delete the posts and give you an infraction.
I'm sick of other sites mods and ambassadors who bash and stick up for trolls
[-] The following 1 user Likes Habs_fan's post:
  • BlackJack
Umm... we don't do that here.... unless an undbiter is humping brad's leg..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spade's post:
  • BlackJack