Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wecanstillmakeitbetter - BBM
(14-02-2015, 06:16 PM)BlackJack Wrote: In the spirit if BlackBerry Balance, It would be nice to have multiple ID's say one for work and one for play..
As it is your business contacts can browse channels and see that your private personal persona may not match the professional persona that you should and must maintain.
Know what I'm saying? There really is no anonymity or privacy as all of your comments can be traced back to you.
Just like Facebook, employers or clients may want to "check you out" before hiring, or when looking for reasons for firing...
Negative. Just make your private channel invite only and you can choose to NOT have it be searchable.
(16-02-2015, 03:24 PM)MissoulaMarinerFan Wrote: Negative. Just make your private channel invite only and you can choose to NOT have it be searchable.

There is a downside to private BBM Channels. You cant go back to being public. I did the same mistake. starting over again with new channel.
[-] The following 1 user Likes veeru789's post:
  • BlackJack
(16-02-2015, 04:30 PM)veeru789 Wrote: There is a downside to private BBM Channels. You cant go back to being public. I did the same mistake. starting over again with new channel.
Oh I see. You can always just make your channel not appear in the search (without making it private) - because then, nobody sees it, and only you're inviting folks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MissoulaMarinerFan's post:
  • veeru789
(17-02-2015, 12:46 AM)MissoulaMarinerFan Wrote: Oh I see. You can always just make your channel not appear in the search (without making it private) - because then, nobody sees it, and only you're inviting folks.

Oh wish I knew about that earlier. Thanks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes veeru789's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan
You still running a graphic design channel Missoula?

Public or private?
BBM multitasking.
BBM is getting more and more features but can only do one bbm thing at a time.
Sometimes I'm looking at a channel and I get a bbm message. I can't idle my channel surfing I have to abandon it and lose my place whenever I need to check messages.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackJack's post:
  • DickLewis13
Just read all again. Need to be able to edit a post.
Word suggestions work too fast at times.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
I'm sick posting in channels only to have a failed comment and for bbm channels to say to me to try again...

I'd love too if you let me repost it instead I'm having to remember what I previously typed and by that staged I just can't be arsed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zensen's post:
  • veeru789
(15-03-2015, 02:05 AM)BlackJack Wrote: BBM multitasking.
BBM is getting more and more features but can only do one bbm thing at a time.
Sometimes I'm looking at a channel and I get a bbm message. I can't idle my channel surfing I have to abandon it and lose my place whenever I need to check messages.

BJ, if you are in a channel and get a BBM, swipe up and right > go to hub > answer it. If you are seeing the channel post in the hub > go to BBM app > chats section

The multitasking is at the OS level and executed quite beautifully. I don't see why and how individual apps will be able to handle.
(15-03-2015, 02:03 AM)BlackJack Wrote: You still running a graphic design channel Missoula?

Public or private?

C00117CE7 I thinks this is MMF's channel. It's a public one.