Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Z30 dead screen
My buddy has a Z30 and let the power drain out.
Now that he has it charged again, the screen is dead/blank!
If you call it, it rings. The red led is blinking with messages.
He can hear that buttons are being clicked, but no screen.
Ever heard of this before? As I purchased it for him a while back, I'll help take care of the fix but this is weird!
Logic dictates, but reason rules... DM

Farts are just the ghosts of the things we eat...
Nope. Never heard of this. Try a hard reboot.
(11-01-2015, 12:01 PM)veeru789 Wrote: Nope. Never heard of this. Try a hard reboot.
Yeah, I'd like to get my mitts on it... Will suggest that, thanks!

That sounds like the problem I just had with my Passport. I fixed it by doing a soft reset (hold the power button for 10 seconds.) Your friend should try that.
(11-01-2015, 02:00 PM)bartron Wrote: That sounds like the problem I just had with my Passport. I fixed it by doing a soft reset (hold the power button for 10 seconds.) Your friend should try that.

Thanks!
Dang, tried that while I did it with my Z30 as well whilst talking over the phone. Also tried the vol up/down as well.
No joy...Crying

Have submitted unlock code for mine in case I need to lend it to him, and have contacted a screen repair shop locally.

You can find pretty good videos on YouTube that show you how to change the screen on a Z30. JC Hates HIs BlackBerry did a really good one.
(11-01-2015, 02:21 PM)bartron Wrote: You can find pretty good videos on YouTube that show you how to change the screen on a Z30. JC Hates HIs BlackBerry did a really good one.

Thanks!

[-] The following 1 user Likes Canuckvoip's post:
  • bartron
Not sure that it makes a diff, but sure you know about power/volume buttons. Not just volume buttons.
Hold all three for a very long time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackJack's post:
  • bartron
(12-01-2015, 07:31 AM)BlackJack Wrote: Not sure that it makes a diff, but sure you know about power/volume buttons. Not just volume buttons.
Hold all three for a very long time.
Will try that when I get my mitts on it tomorrow!

Good luck!