Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wecanstillmakeitbetter - BB10 Native Apps
This is a thread for improvement suggestions for BB10 native apps like Remember, browser, clock...
There will be a lot of ideas on native apps. Let's start with Facebook and Twitter.
Not bad apps, but you have a helluva time keeping either one out of your contacts.
Therefore I do not use either one on my Z30.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
[-] The following 1 user Likes DickLewis13's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan
1) copy and paste in Remember changes the font size and reformats the note to that new font size so future additions are entered in that larger font unless you know to hit return before pasting.
2) ability to multi-select tasks in Remember and carry forward to a new date en masse
3) ability to have Remember tasks due today show up in the HUB view when you pull down and see today's appointments
4) Remember generally is not a good task manager. It's a great notepad but is very limited for tasks. You should be able to have subtasks, hide completed tasks from the all tasks sort by name view, etc.
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
[-] The following 1 user Likes james pisano's post:
  • veeru789
What James said except no3 and
Remember should allow ability to change flagged emails folder. we could before 10.3 but for some reason they removed it now. also like Biggly always say, ability to share a note and not just text.

contacts app is by far the biggest pain on BB10. Its a well done app but with multiple accounts its a pain. this is one thing id like to see improve. Having said that, certain functionality like pulling contact info from social networks, recent converstations, ect is a something that's not available on other platforms and they got it right.
[-] The following 1 user Likes veeru789's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan
(29-12-2014, 03:32 AM)DickLewis13 Wrote: There will be a lot of ideas on native apps. Let's start with Facebook and Twitter.
Not bad apps, but you have a helluva time keeping either one out of your contacts.
Therefore I do not use either one on my Z30.
I agree. Probably they should implement a setting with the choice of either having them integrated into your main contacts or having them omitted from your main contacts.
Posted via my BlackBerry Priv.
[-] The following 1 user Likes web99's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan
ok I want the old remember app back. why did they take away the ability to change folders of tasks and flagged emails?
I don't know Veeru, but you gotta get off Remember for tasks. It's great for notes, but not tasks. There are too many great task apps out there too. I'm using Viira right now and really enjoying it. I also have SlickTasks installed and am about to delete it. I wanna do a blob on the two.
(24-01-2015, 02:22 AM)james pisano Wrote: I don't know Veeru, but you gotta get off Remember for tasks. It's great for notes, but not tasks. There are too many great task apps out there too. I'm using Viira right now and really enjoying it. I also have SlickTasks installed and am about to delete it. I wanna do a blob on the two.

It was perfect with the first iteration. Not sure why they removed the option. Both tasks and notes under one roof is also nice and easy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes veeru789's post:
  • james pisano
(24-01-2015, 04:12 AM)veeru789 Wrote: It was perfect with the first iteration. Not sure why they removed the option. Both tasks and notes under one roof is also nice and easy.

Dude. I just went back to it and loaded all my tasks into it. ;) I don't know how this happened. I began thinking about down the road, what happens if something happens with Viira. I know I would always be able to move my data over, but I thought I'd try Remember again. It's changed since the last time I used it.

I'm testing it vs Viira and will write a post up on thw differences between Remember, Viira and SlickTasks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes james pisano's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan
(28-01-2015, 10:34 AM)james pisano Wrote: Dude. I just went back to it and loaded all my tasks into it. ;) I don't know how this happened. I began thinking about down the road, what happens if something happens with Viira. I know I would always be able to move my data over, but I thought I'd try Remember again. It's changed since the last time I used it.

I'm testing it vs Viira and will write a post up on thw differences between Remember, Viira and SlickTasks.

Im little hesitant to try third party apps for tasks and notes (Other than Evernote). Evernote coz it syncs with remember. before BB10 I never used ever note. But this latest version of remember has improved many ways at the same time went back on few things. like changing folder option. for me flagged emails are quite a bit. and now I cant change the certain emails to another folder. this becomes confusing as I don't want to see all flagged emails under one roof.