Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BlackBerry Bridge update.
Yes I know, the sore that never goes away. BlackBerry Playbook. EOL yada yada yada. I'm one of the dying species that still use Playbook. It was fine and leave it be. So why the BB Bridge update? What does it do beside taking away the ability to BBM and Text Messaging? Why is BlackBerry digging into my old sore for the company? Unless it intend to provide another software update on the Playbook please leave it the way it is!! Give me back my BBM!!
Playbook>Bold 9900>Z10>Z30>Passport.
That kinda sucks, Bambi. Maybe from blackberry.com there is a link for suggestions.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
Unless they intend to do something, I have no idea what the update is about. Given their non response to anything regarding Playbook, I have no idea where to look for answers.
Old and often bored. Just for giggles I'll do some searching later this afternoon.
Have a lunch date with my wunnerful wife in a little bit. Tounge
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
What Bridge update are you talking about? I have the latest OS on my PlayBook, and a 10.3.1.1016 on my Q10, with BlackBerry Bridge, and I still have the ability to BBM and SMS from my PlayBook when bridged to my Q10.

...Since BB10 OS's, I no longer have the tasks and notepad bridge together from PlayBook to Q10, but I'm certain if I fired up my Bold 9930 and bridged it to my PlayBook, I would have all the functionality...
There was a BlackBerry Bridge update a couple of days ago I just update yesterday for both Z30 and Passport. Whenever I open BBM and Text Messenger on Playbook these messages displayed on the screen . Your version of BBM is not compatible with BB Bridge. Download the latest version of BBM to use it on your Playbook. An error occured while fetching message history.
There's no latest BBM update. Repairing and restarting both devices did not work.
(08-11-2014, 02:48 AM)bambinoitaliano Wrote: There was a BlackBerry Bridge update a couple of days ago I just update yesterday for both Z30 and Passport. Whenever I open BBM and Text Messenger on Playbook these messages displayed on the screen . Your version of BBM is not compatible with BB Bridge. Download the latest version of BBM to use it on your Playbook. An error occured while fetching message history.
There's no latest BBM update. Repairing and restarting both devices did not work.

Hunh. Whoopsadoodle. I didn't get that update message on my Q10 - I'll have to check out my PlayBook for sure when I get home this evening.
(08-11-2014, 01:41 AM)bambinoitaliano Wrote: Yes I know, the sore that never goes away. BlackBerry Playbook. EOL yada yada yada. I'm one of the dying species that still use Playbook. It was fine and leave it be. So why the BB Bridge update? What does it do beside taking away the ability to BBM and Text Messaging? Why is BlackBerry digging into my old sore for the company? Unless it intend to provide another software update on the Playbook please leave it the way it is!! Give me back my BBM!!

Huh? the update takes away BBM?
BBM:Your version of BBM is not compatible with BB Bridge. Download the latest version of BBM to use it on your Playbook.
Text Messaging: An error occured while fetching message history.
That's what I got now on my Playbook.
Did you download the latest version of BBM?