Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAP.EXE message when building Autoloader on DBBTool
Hi to all,
my BBQ10 (SQN 100-1 10.2.1.1995 + 10.2.1.1899 radio) does not start since 8 days ago. Stuck on BB pink logo.
I am trying to recover it using Sachesi and DBBTool as indicated on a thread " How to Recover From a Soft Brick – Without Losing Your Data" posted here.

I performed all the steps one by one as instructed but when I try to build the autoloader I get " A copy of a CAP.EXE must be in the same directory as DBBTool" message at the bottom of the DBBTool window.

Also if possible confirm to me what core OS I should select , do not want to upgrade, just want device to turn on without loosing data.

Thanks!
Did you backup when you started? Can you restore to original? You may be best off to just run an autoloader
(06-11-2014, 09:26 AM)BBlord Wrote: Hi to all,
my BBQ10 (SQN 100-1 10.2.1.1995 + 10.2.1.1899 radio) does not start since 8 days ago. Stuck on BB pink logo.
I am trying to recover it using Sachesi and DBBTool as indicated on a thread " How to Recover From a Soft Brick – Without Losing Your Data" posted here.

I performed all the steps one by one as instructed but when I try to build the autoloader I get " A copy of a CAP.EXE must be in the same directory as DBBTool" message at the bottom of the DBBTool window.

Also if possible confirm to me what core OS I should select , do not want to upgrade, just want device to turn on without loosing data.

Thanks!

Hi BBlord,

It is possible that you are missing a file in the DBBT folder where you extracted to. If you are using a recent build of the utility, you should have 4 files which are:

Cap.exe
DBBToole.exe
DBBToolDeviceListItem.xml
lzo.dll

As for the Core OS that you should be selecting, I can't find any reference to 10.2.1.1995 anywhere. If I'm not mistaken, you have 10.2.1.1925 with the 1899 radio which is Software Release 10.2.1.537.

Here is the link from the BlackBerry Production Server for the file requested. I went ahead and verified that it's working as well.

10.2.1.1925 Core OS for q5 / q10

God luck.

Let us know how everything works out.
"Encryption is the defense against the dark arts in the digital realm" - Edward Snowden
[-] The following 1 user Likes Robert's post:
  • Brad
hello Nnik, thanks for your reply.
unfortunately my device is not being recognized when trying to back up. Problem is that device is not able to start. Stuck on pink logo since 2 weeks. my intention was to restart it using sachesi, not upgrading.
(07-11-2014, 09:08 PM)Robert Wrote: Hi BBlord,

It is possible that you are missing a file in the DBBT folder where you extracted to. If you are using a recent build of the utility, you should have 4 files which are:

Cap.exe
DBBToole.exe
DBBToolDeviceListItem.xml
lzo.dll

As for the Core OS that you should be selecting, I can't find any reference to 10.2.1.1995 anywhere. If I'm not mistaken, you have 10.2.1.1925 with the 1899 radio which is Software Release 10.2.1.537.

Here is the link from the BlackBerry Production Server for the file requested. I went ahead and verified that it's working as well.

10.2.1.1925 Core OS for q5 / q10

God luck.

Let us know how everything works out.

Hi Robert, thank you for your answer and information.
you are right , it is 1925. And I finally did not get the Cap.exe message anymore. I got the 4 files as you mentioned above.

Unfortunately not being able to recover device from a soft brick (non destructive) -which I think it is the problem - using the method described here, I might be making something wrong when creating the Autoloader (I used both core os and radio to create Autoloader).

I used the following:
http://cdn.fs.sl.blackberry.com/fs/qnx/p...signed.bar

http://cdn.fs.sl.blackberry.com/fs/qnx/p...signed.bar

Still device is not starting, stuck on pink logo at 1000%. would it be possible to upgrade using sachesi and have device finally started? (note that device is not being able to back up when using link)

I was so desperate after two weeks that I took device (Saturday-yesterday) to carrier for diagnose. I think they will wipe it out. But still can have it back this next Monday before they the do anything to it.

I posted a new thread here under Q10 section giving details of my problem, maybe you have some time to check it out.

But using Sachesi this is where I got so far.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Referring all to your new thread in Q10 to make it easier, BBlord.

http://utbblogs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1061
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy