Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BlackBerry for the Win (x2)
I had some 'BlackBerry FTW' moments today that I want to share with the community. Hopefully, I won't be too long winded....

Win #1: So on a rare day off for the hubby, we went out to look at a potential home for his mother. It is about 35 minutes from our front door (yeah, that's ok with me), and even though its in the city, it's still waaay out there. So, we are done looking and want to provide feedback to her. He whips out the GS4 (long story, but yes, I still kept him even though he went Droid on me ;) ). He tries to call her, and BOOM! Zero bars. Meanwhile, my trusty Z10 is cruising merrily along, all bars present and bluetoothed into my Sync system. Guess whose phone made the call?! LOL

Win #2: Hubby's work phone is an Apple 5. Again, head hung in shame. We are enjoying a coffee when it goes off. He pulls it out, makes faces and then starts laughing his backside off. I ask what it's about and he hands me the phone. Turns out it's a threaded text between him and one of his co-workers. The co-worker is asking him about his last text, but realizes the thread is from MAY! Seems the dumb phone decided TODAY would be a good time to send the rest of the messages through! SurprisedBig_smile2

BB for the win!

[-] The following 4 users Like Azensun's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan, Trev, undbiter65, veeru789
Don't you just love it when that happens. Gotta love the Z10 and that even without the vaunted paratek antenna that it's big brother has, a BlackBerry has reception and gets the job done!! Thanks for sharing!
[-] The following 2 users Like newcollector's post:
  • Azensun, veeru789
Azensun, I LOVED both stories!
I have heard of others having that same iPhone messaging issue. Why do people continue to buy this silliness?
Logic dictates, but reason rules... DM

Farts are just the ghosts of the things we eat...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Canuckvoip's post:
  • Azensun
"Why do people continue to buy this silliness?"

Because a certain element feels it is more important to be accepted by a large group of their peers and look cool to them than it is to have a modern, fully functioning phone.
BlackBerry. Not just another i-toy.
[-] The following 3 users Like TRUENORTH's post:
  • Bigglybobblyboo, Canuckvoip, veeru789
(15-07-2014, 11:09 AM)TRUENORTH Wrote: "Why do people continue to buy this silliness?"

Because a certain element feels it is more important to be accepted by a large group of their peers and look cool to them than it is to have a modern, fully functioning phone.

Thank you for bringing your brand of logic to UTB.
Cool
Logic dictates, but reason rules... DM

Farts are just the ghosts of the things we eat...
I can never get enough of these stories haha.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ray689's post:
  • Azensun
"(long story, but yes, I still kept him even though he went Droid on me ;) )"

^^^hahaha.....next time threaten him to change back to black.
[-] The following 2 users Like veeru789's post:
  • Azensun, undbiter65
[quote='TRUENORTH' pid='8903' dateline='1405386544']
"Why do people continue to buy this silliness?"

[/quote

I do find it frustrating that the organization he works for , which is quite large, felt iPhones would be the best choice.

My sister wanted a song from both my brother (he uses iphone) and I. My brother emailed his, it never arrived, I simply just tapped both of our phones back to back (she has a Z10) and presto. All done. I felt so smug for the rest of the day :D
"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!"
[-] The following 5 users Like undbiter65's post:
  • Azensun, Bigglybobblyboo, DonMariano, MissoulaMarinerFan, veeru789