Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Superman Question
Gosh!
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
Again if he swim the way he use his speed of flying, he will create nuclear explosion. He is not allow to swim. He hitch an uber ride provided by his friend Aquaman. Otherwise Aquaman underwater kingdom will destroy by Superman. Another reason he rarely swim is those underwear he is wearing will be too revealing when wet. He will look silly wrapping a towel around his waist to fly off.
Playbook>Bold 9900>Z10>Z30>Passport.
Who can argue with Bambi's logic?
Superman, as powerful as he is, is still bound by the laws of physics. His power of flight generates thrust. Some say it's an extention of a super jump some sat it's an independent ability. Either way he creates thrust that propels him foreward and drag that will serve to impede the foreward momentum.

Under water would be the same except the drag created by the water would be many time greater than air and he would not be able to reach nearly the same speed as he does above water. What his top underwater speed would be, I don't know.

Also, there's the matter of breathing. I don't know if he just plain doesn't need air or if his super abilities include being able to hold his breath for a really long time.

Finally, if he swims too deep for too long, his cells will run out of yellow sun power and he will either have to surface in order to recharge them or he will drown.
For comparison sake Aquaman can travel 10000 feet per second. With that speed he can create a giant whirlpool. Superman can go 4 times the speed of light in the air. In water perhaps the same speed as Aquaman if not less? Flash is faster than Superman on land. So kids go do the math cause my head hurts. :P
Playbook>Bold 9900>Z10>Z30>Passport.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bambinoitaliano's post:
  • mscloutier
Well BB4tw and Bambino, you guys had some good points of the type that I figured I would get when I originally asked the question. The breathing of O2 and the lack of sunlight exposure seem valid.

I didn't know Aquaman's top speed or Superman's but I'd be interested to hear how he travels at 4x's the speed of light; that sounds ridiculous.

In any event, I feel I have my answer.
I have read every post in this thread and now I have a headache. I wish Sheldon were real. He would know the answer.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes newcollector's post:
  • mscloutier
I'm surprised the conversation continued after the girl out-geeked you all.

Not a geek in this instance, so doesn't bother me.
Don't read comics anymore either.

(10-05-2016, 04:46 AM)pippimarried Wrote: I'm surprised the conversation continued after the girl out-geeked you all.

Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
Propulsion is all in the legs. Just like Aquaman. Aquaman is however more agile in water because Superman uses sheer strength which doesn't allow for agility. Just like the Flash is faster than Superman in a foot race.

Aquaman moves through the water similar to a dolphin which means all his hands do is break the water tension in front of him. Supes moves the same way. The legs do all the work.
#BBisAwesomeGate
9800>9900>Q10>Passport>Priv all alongside my trusty PlayBook