Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yeah Baby!
(03-03-2016, 09:30 PM)DickLewis13 Wrote: Okey dokey, Sipo is famous. Now how is the battery?
DL is like the strict, school principal, always getting people back in line :)

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
DL is old school father figure. The Keeper. :-)
Just like to see threads stay close to topic. We will always have some off topic posts, but it can really confuse new members. Don't want to scare them away. :)
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
To be frank, being a new member, the comments were a bit confusing lol. but, anyways I got what the topic meant. Still I am a bit curious. I bought a used passport for a great deal, it's in mint condition. It was left switched off for a few weeks,: since the passport had to be shipped to my country. Now, what I would like to know is, what's the best way to calibrate the passports battery? I am just getting nearly 14 hours battery life with this one. Is this normal or is it supposed to be more? Looking out for your valuable advice guys, thanking you all in advance. :)
Fully charge and cycle down to around 10-15% and repeat would be my tip.
Question is how do you use your Passport? Are you a heavy, moderate or light user?

Battery results may vary according to your usage. I'm a light user for my Passport SE at the moment so it lasts me 4-6 days. :-)
But if I put it to a heavy use, it might just give me 12-14 hours.

Anyway, I always check my App Manager / Device Monitor everyday. I always close down all apps running on background and all other unnecessary things that shouldn't be running in the first place.

Wayno's advice might work. Check it out. :-)
OK mate, thanks for the tip, I will try doing that. The BBVE displays the health of my BlackBerry Passport as good. We'll if you ask me about my usage, I am a moderate user. I check out youtube vids on free time, email, read a lot especially articles on the Web, tweet and that's pretty much it. I am not heavy user but yes I do use it most of the time. I am just assuming the new 10.3.3 update would give more juice to my beloved passport. Anyways I am attaching the device monitor pic for you guys to have a look.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Check out how much your display is on in BVE. The more the display is on, the heavier the usage. If you do a lot of reading on the Web, then you can fall into the heavy use group. Two main factors for battery life depends on use, and strength of signal (both network and wifi).
(25-03-2016, 08:55 PM)Farzeen_Rashid Wrote: OK mate, thanks for the tip, I will try doing that. The BBVE displays the health of my BlackBerry Passport as good. We'll if you ask me about my usage, I am a moderate user. I check out youtube vids on free time, email, read a lot especially articles on the Web, tweet and that's pretty much it. I am not heavy user but yes I do use it most of the time. I am just assuming the new 10.3.3 update would give more juice to my beloved passport. Anyways I am attaching the device monitor pic for you guys to have a look.
I experienced this when I got my Passport, but after a month, it stabilised. Now, it is good. On a very busy day, I need to recharge after 14 hours of constant use. Other times, I am left with more than 50 percent of the battery, following modest use.

(26-02-2016, 12:21 PM)veeru789 Wrote: nice! my SE also seems to be recovering well.
Hey Veeru, did your SE recover fully from the performance glitch?