Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
WhatsApp with end to end encryption?
BlackBerry have SecuSmart.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
BlackBerry and BBM has all this by default.

People are just not aware.
(17-03-2016, 02:47 PM)SimpleBerryRoy Wrote: BlackBerry have SecuSmart.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

Yes I know but not really something an average consumer has access to or can afford. I think whatsapp will have encrypted calls built in for all users.
IMO, encryption is not the big issue with WhatsApp. By far the biggest issue with WhatsApp is that it uses your phone number as a user ID, and then shows that phone number to others without your permission or your knowledge, as well as the data mining that leads to it. And you don't have to use WhatsApp to criticize that. :-)

Seriously, to those who have called out UTB and I for criticizing WhatsApp without ever using it, you should keep in mind that using it would only enlighten us on the feel, usability and user-friendliness of the app and service, which are not the things we're criticizing. We're criticizing WhatsApps security, privacy and missing features, which are not affected by experience using the app and service. So there.  Tounge
[-] The following 2 users Like bartron's post:
  • Brad, mscloutier
(18-03-2016, 06:39 AM)bartron Wrote: IMO, encryption is not the big issue with WhatsApp. By far the biggest issue with WhatsApp is that it uses your phone number as a user ID, and then shows that phone number to others without your permission or your knowledge, as well as the data mining that leads to it. And you don't have to use WhatsApp to criticize that. :-)

Seriously, to those who have called out UTB and I for criticizing WhatsApp without ever using it, you should keep in mind that using it would only enlighten us on the feel, usability and user-friendliness of the app and service, which are not the things we're criticizing. We're criticizing WhatsApps security, privacy and missing features, which are not affected by experience using the app and service. So there.  Tounge

Excellent point Bartron!
This is the very reason I have not or ever will use WhatsApp!
Martin
BlackBerry 10 

[-] The following 2 users Like mscloutier's post:
  • bartron, SimpleBerryRoy
I use what's app but I don't like the fact that I have to use my personal phone number as a pin.. that's a privacy problem that I'm Un easy with.. I much rather BBM anyway of the week
I use what's app but I don't like the fact that I have to use my personal phone number as a pin.. that's a privacy problem that I'm Un easy with.. I much rather BBM anyway of the week
(18-03-2016, 06:39 AM)bartron Wrote: IMO, encryption is not the big issue with WhatsApp. By far the biggest issue with WhatsApp is that it uses your phone number as a user ID, and then shows that phone number to others without your permission or your knowledge, as well as the data mining that leads to it. And you don't have to use WhatsApp to criticize that. :-)

Nailed it. I don't want to experience any of those options if it means anyone that ever had me on Facebook in the past now has my status updates and phone number. Screw that. Lol

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brad's post:
  • bartron