Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Great App debate!
(05-02-2016, 08:40 AM)DickLewis13 Wrote: Very small percentage of the so called apps are actually worth more than your time.

So very true.
Martin
BlackBerry 10 

The next time somebody says BB10 has no apps, ask them "What apps is it missing ?". I'm certain they either won't name any, or they'll name apps that do run on BB10 (either native or Android).

When the Z10 was released, I was an iOS fan and had never touched a BlackBerry. The Z10 looked seemed really nice, but I had heard BB10 had no apps. Being the independent person I am, I decided to see for myself. I opened up my laptop and used by Web browser to visit the BB10 app store and see if any of my iOS apps, or equivalent ones, were available on the BB10 app store. To my surprise, BB10 had all the apps I wanted, except for one game, which wasn't an important game for me anyways. I even found several guitar-tuner apps. And those were just the BB10 apps.

So the next time somebody says BB10 has no apps, tell them to prove it.
[-] The following 5 users Like bartron's post:
  • fishlove73, HYMAN, MissoulaMarinerFan, mscloutier, veeru789
(08-02-2016, 09:17 AM)bartron Wrote: The next time somebody says BB10 has no apps, ask them "What apps is it missing ?". I'm certain they either won't name any, or they'll name apps that do run on BB10 (either native or Android).

When the Z10 was released, I was an iOS fan and had never touched a BlackBerry. The Z10 looked seemed really nice, but I had heard BB10 had no apps. Being the independent person I am, I decided to see for myself. I opened up my laptop and used by Web browser to visit the BB10 app store and see if any of my iOS apps, or equivalent ones, were available on the BB10 app store. To my surprise, BB10 had all the apps I wanted, except for one game, which wasn't an important game for me anyways. I even found several guitar-tuner apps. And those were just the BB10 apps.

Well said sir!!
Martin
BlackBerry 10 

Wow Bartron, I didn't know that about your experience. That was especially encouraging for me to read. When I got off the Galaxy S series I had a similar experience, compared Apps to OS functions and privacy. I looked at Blackberry world and made my choice on the Z10 at the time. Later, I was even more impressed with some members of the Blackberry community helping me with stuff along the way.
[-] The following 3 users Like fishlove73's post:
  • bartron, MissoulaMarinerFan, mscloutier
(08-02-2016, 09:17 AM)bartron Wrote: The next time somebody says BB10 has no apps, ask them "What apps is it missing ?". I'm certain they either won't name any, or they'll name apps that do run on BB10 (either native or Android).

This ^^^.. very well said.
[-] The following 3 users Like HYMAN's post:
  • bartron, fishlove73, Nnik
(04-02-2016, 08:22 AM)DickLewis13 Wrote: I paid for Blaq, but don't use it anymore.
Blaq sucks

Sent from my Leap using Tapatalk
Actually Blaq wasn't bad, but native Twitter app is more feature rich.
Twitter app is closer to web version that any app I've found.
And I finally keep it out of my Contacts.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
[-] The following 1 user Likes DickLewis13's post:
  • fishlove73
yup the native app has improved a lot. but just got used to Blaq. like the UI.
Other way around, not crazy about Blaq UI.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
Snapchat is really the only app I've found that causes any major issue for those into it. There's a recent workaround but even that is more of a pain. Creating a new account etc
At one point the playstation app played up and I couldn't use it very well on my z10. Finally, you'll just find some latest games will go apple first.

These are obvious apps that don't really allow Web browser access so unfortunately the experience may be all over the place for BlackBerry users wanting to take advantage of an androids built app.

Otherwise the statement pretty much holds up when asking someone about what apps they need to use.